American based takeover

It's quite simple but it requires a bit of self realisation by us, the fans

Our current owners have done a brilliant job in sorting out the absolute disaster zone that was left after Short.

But their model is very likely going to be the scenic route. That might not be a bad thing, it can work, both Shef Utd and Norwich are in the premier league on a relative shoestring while other clubs have blown many millions and failed. Their model will see us have very firm foundations, that's got to be good long term.

But there is a bigger but. And that is that the Sunderland fans will in no way have the patience for the scenic route. You just have to look and listen to our fanbase. 2 games in , want manager sacked etc. And don't even try to deny it. We are our own worst enemy in that no real plans can ever be laid down as it has to be now, now, now. 15 months ago we were on brink of administration but huge elements of our fanbase have mentally whitewashed that and the current owners are pikey chancers now apparently.

So if there is a more financially expedient route then I think it's better for us, as much as I like SD and the gang.

I hope in reality it's a good balance. Still have the core principles of fighting for value everywhere in the club, but give us the turbo boost we need to get a decent foothold in the championship.
So what appears to be a considered and concise assessment turns out to be just another post having a pop at the fans.
Unbelievable that after 60 years of complete failure no not the last 10 or 2 or 3 that’s 60 years and crowds of over 30,000 in the 3rd tier you conclude that “we’re our own worst enemies”
We’re probably the main reason investors would want to get involved, the sheer potential of the club if someone could get it right.

but how was thw sale money-when they literally got no money and spent £3m on his replacement?

but they got nowt..the "fee" they paid for him was simpky safc no longer owing them money for one of our shit signings from years ago?
Swings and roundabouts that tbh
Maja being mentioned again, jesus f***ing wept :lol:
For me it’s the main big mistake the owners have made other than that they’ve done ok and steadied the ship. I don’t agree that Ross should have gone personally but I do think the Maja balls up cost is

Last edited:
So what appears to be a considered and concise assessment turns out to be just another post having a pop at the fans.
Unbelievable that after 60 years of complete failure no not the last 10 or 2 or 3 that’s 60 years and crowds of over 30,000 in the 3rd tier you conclude that “we’re our own worst enemies”
We’re probably the main reason investors would want to get involved, the sheer potential of the club if someone could get it right.
There’s no denying our amazing fans are an attraction for players and investors. There’s also no denying our fans are largely bipolar, intolerant and have regular meltdowns and it’s been a contributor to instability.

Just read the full 21 pages.
Same as always it’s turned into a slagging match.

Still no wiser on whether there’s any truth in the rumours. As for the current owners, they haven’t really put a foot wrong.
haway man it is Monday ..., that usually means time for a good old pannacalty of bad vibes

It’s a question of damned if you do, damned if you don’t on here. I suppose some will class me as a happy clapper but I think they have done a reasonable job of stabilising a basket case of a club. As to whether I trust them completely I reserve judgement but am happy at their willingness to engage with supporters. I see nothing wrong with them making a profit they are business men and took a massive risk in buying the club.
Over all I am happy with what they have achieved and hope we have a long association with them.

Maja had no intention of staying. He was offered what he and his agent asked for and still left. That’s what Donald told us. Were that not the case, both Maja and his agent have had ample opportunity to challenge Donald about this and have chosen not to do so. Whilst this remains to be the case I will choose to believe Donald’s version of events.

I find it incredible that a lot of our fans don’t understand this.

Maja and his agent had no intention of signing a new contract with us, yet this is still used as an opportunity to have a go at the owners.

Let’s get back on track please.

There was a rumour over the weekend that today would be the day for the announcement.

Has anyone heard anything to that affect?
Nope not a Dickie bird, however it was interesting listening to SD words regarding the state of the stadium experience regarding food & drink etc so if we get a injection of cash I'm expecting things to change on that front which has got to be a good thing..

there is no chance it would be formalised this week imo..deals liek this take a long time o cpmplete with lawyers etc..
Agree but we dont now how long this has been going on in the background. Mr Donald did seem quite bullish on it in the podcast. We can live in hope! :)
there is no chance it would be formalised this week imo..deals liek this take a long time o cpmplete with lawyers etc..
I did think you may know more by the way? ;)

Last edited:

Back