Amazon Prime

I once got something delivered to my Mrs work address because I was working all over the place that week and didn't want to wait until I was back in the office.

It cause f***ing hell on for her.

That's just not an option for some people
Yeah ,i know
i use Amazon ,i'd love to use shops but there's no comparison
Just don't get the recent OTT jump on the logistics side that's all .

I once got something delivered to my Mrs work address because I was working all over the place that week and didn't want to wait until I was back in the office.

It cause f***ing hell on for her.

That's just not an option for some people

At my current job (at least when we are not working from home) there is no problem with getting online shopping delivered - as long as it's not too big like a sofa. We even have an "Amazon table" for the parcels. My previous place was totally the opposite and they had a total ban on personal deliveries as there were over 1000 people on site which would mean hundreds of Amazon parcels to sort and they didn't want to take the liability for anything going missing.

At my current job (at least when we are not working from home) there is no problem with getting online shopping delivered - as long as it's not too big like a sofa. We even have an "Amazon table" for the parcels. My previous place was totally the opposite and they had a total ban on personal deliveries as there were over 1000 people on site which would mean hundreds of Amazon parcels to sort and they didn't want to take the liability for anything going missing.
My job is fine with it. Her gaffer at the time was just a twat.

I'd imagine it's just because they can do it without any costs attached.

In most businesses (especially one so customer focused as Amazon) anything which improves the "user experience" at virtually zero cost is a no brainer. Not everyone will want or appreciate the notifications but enough will like them to make it worthwhile doing and gives them another lead over the competition and their crappy delivery services.

In most businesses (especially one so customer focused as Amazon) anything which improves the "user experience" at virtually zero cost is a no brainer. Not everyone will want or appreciate the notifications but enough will like them to make it worthwhile doing and gives them another lead over the competition and their crappy delivery services.

It's a decent novelty for some. Very handy for others. I sometimes reckon they might be trying to reinforce their dominance by reminding people how fast they are and letting them know that even though they're a stones throw away from you they still have 8 stops to make.

Bit strong if anything less than delivered within 24 hours is considered crappy, mind. Some take the piss but Amazon's speed of delivery is bizarre. Fair enough if they can maintain it whilst also maintaining decent conditions for their workforce.

Back