Amazon Prime

Do you have Prime? You can share your Prime with another Amazon account as I do it with me Mam. She has her own login so buy stuff using Prime but using her own card plus she can watch all her boring stuff using Prime TV. The difference here is you'd just have to sign into your Mam's account and buy the stuff but it would keep everything separate as you don't have each others cards on both accounts, nor do you see what each other is buying, watching etc.

I was going to do this last night. It's only certain benefits of prime so you can't share the fast delivery.

I was going to do this last night. It's only certain benefits of prime so you can't share the fast delivery.
I've just checked and both accounts get Prime delivery for me. Had this for a quite a while now and this is what it says when I go to the manage page.

Your Amazon Household Benefits

Sharing Prime

Household allows you to share selected Prime benefits with other household. Prime Video customers can share streaming access to thousands of films and TV programmes with prime video

Prime Student members (free trial or paid) or invited guests of other Prime members cannot share their benefits. Switch to a regular Prime membership to share the following select benefits in your Amazon Household

Unlimited One-Day Delivery plus Same-Day Delivery in eligible areas
Streaming access to thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video
Unlimited access to over a thousand books, magazines & more on any device through Prime Reading
30-minute early access to Amazon.co.uk Lightning Deals with Prime Early Access
Up to 20% off nappies and baby food subscriptions, compliments of Amazon Family

Last edited by a moderator:
or a shite at the shops
Basic acceptable service should be the norm then if that isn't suitable we use shops that suit us better

Where are these shops that "suit us better"?

Some may think that trailing around loads of shops looking for what you want and is in stock at an acceptable price is part of the "retail experience" but for me it's just a pain in the arse. If I can order it while lying in the bath at 9pm for delivery the next day then that's perfectly acceptable to me.

Some may think that trailing around loads of shops looking for what you want and is in stock at an acceptable price is part of the "retail experience" but for me it's just a pain in the arse. If I can order it while lying in the bath at 9pm for delivery the next day then that's perfectly acceptable to me.
It is what it is. I find people in general reprehensible and the less time I have to spend around them the better. :lol:

No probs ,i don't want or expect that from any shop
Thats my point ,we've gone too far
Like i don't want a £4 McDonalds delivered by a bloke on a bike etc
As you say save the hassle and get it in a couple of days without loads of mail and messages telling you its being picked etc

Last edited:
Just talking about Delivery really
All this extra speed and updates is relatively new and most were happy without it
It's all auto algo driven. It's not like someone is sitting down, calling the driver asking him/her if they are number 12 and how long they think it'll take to get to number 43

It's all auto algo driven. It's not like someone is sitting down, calling the driver asking him/her if they are number 12 and how long they think it'll take to get to number 43
Aye ,i know .We've reached a point though that 80% of whats passed around is shit and irrelevant though ,email,text etc
Thats got to impact how we handle the stuff that's important
First thing you do with you 20 new emails is look for one that is actually of any use or importance

Aye ,i know .We've reached a point though that 80% of whats passed around is shit and irrelevant though ,email,text etc
First thing you do with you 20 new emails is look for one that is actually of any use or importance
Agreed. I get roughly 1000 emails a day. The way you manage them is key.

I love the tracking on Amazon. The only time I can go out is when the kids are at school so if I know my parcel is coming early I'll wait in for it then go out, if it's coming later I'll go out first thing and be back in time for it getting delivered. For £79 quid a year inc Prime Video it's probably the best value thing I pay for.

60 decent bog rolls for £13 last week. 130 wash soap powder for £15 the week before. Worth it so you just don't need to trail them home from the supermarket.

I love the tracking on Amazon. The only time I can go out is when the kids are at school so if I know my parcel is coming early I'll wait in for it then go out, if it's coming later I'll go out first thing and be back in time for it getting delivered. For £79 quid a year inc Prime Video it's probably the best value thing I pay for.
Tracking your deliveries is brilliant.

I watched the little bicycle icon on the Deliveroo website tracker screen flying down Spring Bank in Hull at a ludicrous speed.

Was expecting someone like Bradley Wiggins or Chris Hoy. Was a bit disappointed when it arrived and it was a kid on a motor scooter.

When Amazon first started doing their own deliveries a few years ago they were terrible but to be fair to them they have hugely improved. Not every delivery is trackable so perhaps not all drivers have the kit to do so.

I also like it that you get a email or mobile notification within seconds of a delivery. Handy when something is left on your doorstep and you don't get to the door in time.

DPD are still the best overall courier but Amazon is catching up.

Including
"we received your order "
"your order is being packed "
"your order is scheduled for dispatch"
" your order has been despatched "
??
No problem with a time slot the day its due and for that day to be 2or3 days after i ordered it seems reasonable

Including
??
No problem with a time slot the day its due and for that day to be 2or3 days after i ordered it seems reasonable
They deliver the same day now for a lot of items if you order early enough, it bugs me now if I have to wait til the next day :lol:.

I don't mind the emails, it's not like it's difficult to delete them.

i've had my work address for all things online for about 10 years
I once got something delivered to my Mrs work address because I was working all over the place that week and didn't want to wait until I was back in the office.

It cause f***ing hell on for her.

That's just not an option for some people

Including
??
I do agree the constant emails at each stage is a ballache especially when I can see all the updates in the app. I'm guessing you can turn emails off like but I haven't bothered to check because then I'd have nowt to whinge about.

Tracking your deliveries is brilliant.

I watched the little bicycle icon on the Deliveroo website tracker screen flying down Spring Bank in Hull at a ludicrous speed.

Was expecting someone like Bradley Wiggins or Chris Hoy. Was a bit disappointed when it arrived and it was a kid on a motor scooter.
Agree with this like. Ordered a Mcdonalds brekkie the other day and thought it was class watching him scooter his way towards me. Shame the daft sod dropped the coffees when I opened the door like. I mean, who actually puts 2 hot cups of coffee in a paper bag to hand over?

Back