ALL SEPERATE UPDATES TODAY
WHO CARES ?"!?!

YOUR PARCEL IS ARRIVING TODAY
YOUR PARCEL WILL BE BETWEEN 1.00 PM AND 4 PM
YOUR PARCEL IS 8 STOPS AWAY
YOUR PARCEL IS 2 STOPS AWAY

ALL SEPERATE UPDATES TODAY
WHO CARES ?"!?!

Better than other retailers where you only get "You package will be delivered in the next 5 working days. Maybe" or "the courier will be with you between 6am and 10pm."

Better than other retailers where you only get "You package will be delivered in the next 5 working days. Maybe" or "the courier will be with you between 6am and 10pm."
I Think we are spoilt ,expecting time slots on free or next to nowt delivery charges
i've had my work address for all things online for about 10 years
i getting a service i didn't ask for or need and someone is grafting to do it on average pay

I Think we are spoilt ,expecting time slots on free or next to nowt delivery charges
i've had my work address for all things online for about 10 years
i getting a service i didn't ask for or need and someone is grafting to do it on average pay
Most people can't get parcels delivered to graft and like thst they can order stuff and know it will come when they're home.

Most people can't get parcels delivered to graft and like thst they can order stuff and know it will come when they're home.
This morning the item was coming tomorrow ,then around 10am the item was then coming today between 11-3,then i got two "its 8 drops away" type stuff
So thats not much better than the old way
If the council wants me to shop in the town centre it could try not charging me for parking. Can't even pop into the bank or Post Office for 5 minutes without paying for a parking ticket.
Post offices are all over ,its the fact we dont need the shops really .Parking has always been charged and we have far more cars .Even free parking wont save shops

Last edited:
I work at Amazon in the fulfilment centre at Bowburn, I find them to be a great employer, good conditions, good pay, not sure what the OP is on about? They’re also a significant employer in these parts now, so good to keep the locals in work.

The track your package feature is great when it’s nearly here. I like to follow the van on the map from when it’s around 5 stops away. Once it’s down to one stop away I normally nip out to the front gate to await delivery 😀 (The Mrs thinks I’m a bit sad)
Got one 8 stops away.

I've hammered prime this week with camping gear

I use it a lot for my mam. She's 85, doesn't drive, finds it hard to get to the shops even when they are open (and the shopping in Bishop is rubbish anyway) and is a technophobe. If she wants anything, she rings me up, I order from Amazon (I've got her debit card as one of the payment methods on my account), and it's delivered the next day or even on her day of choice. I just have to remember not to use her card when ordering stuff for myself - which I've accidentally done a couple of time. Must be really confusing for the Amazon recommendation algorithm.
I've only done it a couple of times and only for small value items so it's not really a problem. It would just be nice to have two different profiles under one Amazon account so I don't get her purchase history (mostly romantic fiction books and pet supplies) messing up my purchase history
Do you have Prime? You can share your Prime with another Amazon account as I do it with me Mam. She has her own login so buy stuff using Prime but using her own card plus she can watch all her boring stuff using Prime TV. The difference here is you'd just have to sign into your Mam's account and buy the stuff but it would keep everything separate as you don't have each others cards on both accounts, nor do you see what each other is buying, watching etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's any better value for their annual subscription, anywhere, I'll be mildly surprised cos it gets some hammer from this house (and the family sharing). Globally, we may be sleepwalking into a nightmare future but Hey-Ho. I'm just glad I'm not a delivery driver.
Couldn't agree more. AUD$59 here for the year. Free delivery. All the movies/tv stuff. 8 free kindle books a month I think. Even the free version of Amazon music is great for work. No bollocks from presenters just tailored play lists and stations. Exceptional value.

I work at Amazon in the fulfilment centre at Bowburn, I find them to be a great employer, good conditions, good pay, not sure what the OP is on about? They’re also a significant employer in these parts now, so good to keep the locals in work.
I work at Bowburn but not for Amazon, I was expecting something akin to a work camp environment. They seem to treat the staff well, aye depending on role it will be boring but it's bright clean music playing free tea and coffee seem flexible with hours and stuff have incentives and random free stuff. people whinge but try working Unipress or similar.

Do you have Prime? You can share your Prime with another Amazon account as I do it with me Mam. She has her own login so buy stuff using Prime but using her own card plus she can watch all her boring stuff using Prime TV. The difference here is you'd just have to sign into your Mam's account and buy the stuff but it would keep everything separate as you don't have each others cards on both accounts, nor do you see what each other is buying, watching etc.

She has to phone me when she gets confused after pressing the wrong button on her TV remote control so she wouldn't be able to order stuff herself but setting up a different account in her name is a good idea.

Back