Amazon Prime

I love Amazon prime, not just for deliveries but for prime video too.

In saying that, Argos delivery is far faster these days. Literally a few hours later and it turns up at your door.

I ordered some box spanners yesterday. They have been sent to St Helens, the town next to where I live (about 2 miles away), then on to Manchester, the final delivery station (about 30 miles away) before been delivered to me in Widnes today. How can that make any sense?

It will make sense to their number crunchers.

I've seen deliveries sent from a warehouse 30 miles away, past my house to a distribution centre 30 miles in the opposite direction just to picked up for the final delivery. Yet they can do that in under 24 hours for free so they must be doing something right.

If there's any better value for their annual subscription, anywhere, I'll be mildly surprised cos it gets some hammer from this house (and the family sharing). Globally, we may be sleepwalking into a nightmare future but Hey-Ho. I'm just glad I'm not a delivery driver.

The only thing I've ever got same day is the "fresh" stuff that comes from Morrisons, the Amazon stuff that's said same day always turns up the next day :lol:, maybe I've just been unlucky.

If there's any better value for their annual subscription, anywhere, I'll be mildly surprised cos it gets some hammer from this house (and the family sharing). Globally, we may be sleepwalking into a nightmare future but Hey-Ho. I'm just glad I'm not a delivery driver.

I use it a lot for my mam. She's 85, doesn't drive, finds it hard to get to the shops even when they are open (and the shopping in Bishop is rubbish anyway) and is a technophobe. If she wants anything, she rings me up, I order from Amazon (I've got her debit card as one of the payment methods on my account), and it's delivered the next day or even on her day of choice. I just have to remember not to use her card when ordering stuff for myself - which I've accidentally done a couple of time. Must be really confusing for the Amazon recommendation algorithm.

I use it a lot for my mam. She's 85, doesn't drive, finds it hard to get to the shops even when they are open (and the shopping in Bishop is rubbish anyway) and is a technophobe. If she wants anything, she rings me up, I order from Amazon (I've got her debit card as one of the payment methods on my account), and it's delivered the next day or even on her day of choice. I just have to remember not to use her card when ordering stuff for myself - which I've accidentally done a couple of time. Must be really confusing for the Amazon recommendation algorithm.

I have a mad idea mate. Why don't you open her a separate account to stop you accidentally using her card.

I do exactly the same for my dad. All of use the FiL’s account too.
I have a mad idea mate. Why don't you open her a separate account to stop you accidentally using her card.
Easily transferred over. She’ll have to pay for Prime too surely.

Aye, you have found a flaw in my plan. Ignore me @Darlo1973

I've only done it a couple of times and only for small value items so it's not really a problem. It would just be nice to have two different profiles under one Amazon account so I don't get her purchase history (mostly romantic fiction books and pet supplies) messing up my purchase history

The only thing I've ever got same day is the "fresh" stuff that comes from Morrisons, the Amazon stuff that's said same day always turns up the next day :lol:, maybe I've just been unlucky.
For items with same day delivery Amazon still automatically selects the ‘next day delivery’ option, so if you want it delivered the same day you have to untick that and change it to ‘delivery today by 10pm’.

Back