Amazon echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Use mine everyday. Brilliant piece of kit. Have it in the kitchen, great for timers etc, even unit calculations for recipes ect. Got my Spotify linked and I can play any song I want by asking her. Also get the news on a morning.

convenience factor

get up..

say "Alexa Radio 2" job done

she is cooking something.. "she says Alexa. Timer 20 minutes"

music on the radio I like. I say Alexa "what is this song"

I have a load of playlists so I just say "Alexa play Epping playlist" or any individual song or genre..

works for us well

Do you not say please and thank you like?

We tried a dot and loved it so got a proper echo on prime day. The dot is now in the nipper's bedroom so she can listen to whatever music she wants.

I didn't even know you got music with amazon prime

yep.. go onto your account and select amazon music. you can downlaed the app to your phone.

I listen to is at work all the time

Do you not say please and thank you like?

We tried a dot and loved it so got a proper echo on prime day. The dot is now in the nipper's bedroom so she can listen to whatever music she wants.

I do sometimes... the wife is the best. she is git polite to it.

she will say good morning to it and stuff. the daft cow

I use it for recipes or as a timer for baking. There is a daft game called roast me, where it basically insults you and the insults can be quite rude :lol:
Has it ever said thor?

I’ve had one of these ones for almost a year and as much as I prefer Google’s echo system I just hate having to say hey google, or ok google...one word, Alexa, is much more natural.
Aye, it's a clart. I had a stinking hangover on Sunday, mouth like a carpet, bitch couldn't understand us. Took about 3 attempts. I had to talk like a Windsor to get the fucker to turn the light on

Last edited:
Bought the Dot / Bose Soundtouch combo on prime day, my brother went for the Echo. The Echo is a nicer form factor but the Dot / Soundtouch combo is much better sound wise.

Great bit of kit for music and audiobooks etc

Has it ever said thor?

Aye, it's a clart. I had a stinking hangover on Sunday, mouth like a carpet, bitch couldn't understand us. Took about 3 attempts. I had to talk like a Windsor to get the fucker to turn the light on

:lol:

That’s the same with Siri as well. Sometimes says sorry cannot communicate devices or such...then turns them off anyway!

I'm still not convinced. Works well as a timer but the amount of attempts I have so it understands what playlist I want, I might as well compose the music myself.
I've resorted to opening my MacBook and playing it from there which I could have done anyway by bluetoothing to my existing speaker.
I haven't quite given up and I do think they have their place but I've yet to find a use for it.

convenience factor

get up..

say "Alexa Radio 2" job done

she is cooking something.. "she says Alexa. Timer 20 minutes"

music on the radio I like. I say Alexa "what is this song"

I have a load of playlists so I just say "Alexa play Epping playlist" or any individual song or genre..

works for us well
Do you get Amazon music unlimited included or do you still have to pay for it? I've already got Amazon prime like.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back