Amazon echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the nest thermostat only work with gas central heating or does it also work with oil central heating. Quite like the idea of using Alexa to control our heating using my phone.

If its controlled via a thermostat, then probably.

If you go to their website there’s a list of compatible systems. If yours isn’t on there use the chat box to talk to them. They’ll ask you to send a pic of your wiring and let you know if it’s compatible.

So, I have an Internet radio and I use Spotify, both different devices, how would I get this to do the Spotify thing? Do I still need it to be linked to my laptop/tablets? What else can it do? I'm quite interested but not sure what else it can do.
Set up a Spotify skill and you’re away.

Last edited:

Is it possible to create a list for say Christmas. Have the shopping list sorted but can't see how to create another one

Bought a Dot recently to play about with - nice little gadget I intend to faff about with getting lighting and stuff connected with given time and money (don't particularly need amazing speakers for it and I can hook up external ones when I do).

Then the bloody kids found out how to make it play the bloody song from Trolls and Let It Go from Frozen... repeatedly.

How do you ask it. And are they in your settngs. Can't get much more to work but Sonos works fine
I'm saying Alexa play radio one in (whatever that room is called!) it just says it doesn't recognise anything called that.

It plays tunein radio on its own but can't get anything through sonos yet...

I'm saying Alexa play radio one in (whatever that room is called!) it just says it doesn't recognise anything called that.

It plays tunein radio on its own but can't get anything through sonos yet...

Just tried it and it worked for me. Have you got it linked through your Sonos account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back