Alien: Covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought it was great and answered loads of promethues questions, id put this as number 3 best Alien film. Forogt to take some bait in and spent 8 quid on a hotdog and drink, wankers.

I cant remember the last movie I watched my head is full of music.

Anyone think at some point in the next films the ooze/creature turns on David and that's where the biomechanical look of the "original" alien comes from? Sort of like the creation turning on the creator...

saw it last night

enjoyed it

really pissed off that it wasn't in 3D like, dicks.

v tense, exciting and well acted I thought.

things that irritated me about it that may yet be answered

why they arrived on new planet and just blundered about with no helmets on when they didn't know for sure it was safe.

when david killed the engineers city, I refuse to believe that it could have wiped out their entire race...there would have been others on the planet, others on ships and elsewhere in the galaxy.

Still don't get davids ultimate goal...wipe out humans, engineers, and create a planet of acid spitting killers who cant build/ create, what the f is the point in that?

or is he just a twisted maniac who has his god complex and wants to do evil because he can?

quick question but do you have to watch Prometheus to understand what the craic is in this one?

I watched about 10 mins of Prometheus and got bored and then watched this last week without any problems. I recognised one of the characters from it but didn't know exactly what had gone on but the film still basically tells you.

Enjoyed it me like. Not brilliant must see film, but good non the less and a good link to Prometheus and the new ones to come out.

saw it last night

enjoyed it

really pissed off that it wasn't in 3D like, dicks.

v tense, exciting and well acted I thought.

things that irritated me about it that may yet be answered

why they arrived on new planet and just blundered about with no helmets on when they didn't know for sure it was safe.

when david killed the engineers city, I refuse to believe that it could have wiped out their entire race...there would have been others on the planet, others on ships and elsewhere in the galaxy.

Still don't get davids ultimate goal...wipe out humans, engineers, and create a planet of acid spitting killers who cant build/ create, what the f is the point in that?

or is he just a twisted maniac who has his god complex and wants to do evil because he can?
First of all, 3D is shit.

Now back to the film, agreed. I enjoyed it. As others have said it's easily third now in the series.

David's goal is just to be creative. To do better than and create better than his own creator. Effectively one big ego trip.

It can't have wiped out all of the engineers surely....
an engineer has to crash land with a ship full of David's newly created Xenomorphs (or the engineers own historical creations depending how Ridley Scott takes it) in the run up to Alien. Or have I missed something?

There's another two prequels in the pipeline so I'd assume these and other questions will be answered like Covenant did with Prometheus.

Now back to the film, agreed. I enjoyed it. As others have said it's easily third now in the series.

David's goal is just to be creative. To do better than and create better than his own creator. Effectively one big ego trip.

an engineer has to crash land with a ship full of David's newly created Xenomorphs (or the engineers own historical creations depending how Ridley Scott takes it) in the run up to Alien. Or have I missed something?
The bit in your spoiler is what I came out thinking about.

The bit in your spoiler is what I came out thinking about.
Just had a quick google. Apparently the ship at the start of Alien had been there a loooong time. Covenant ends just 20 years before Alien.
I think it has to be that the Engineers created similar Xenomorphs themselves millennia ago(see also the murial in Prometheus) and David has simply managed to recreate based on that murial and his own tinkering.

There's another two prequels in the pipeline so I'd assume these and other questions will be answered like Covenant did with Prometheus.

3D can be shit- but can be class as well.
Perhaps this one would have been too darkly lit to be effective- when not gimmicky its class.

Aye I found it interesting when david and walter had their little chat and it emerged walters ability to 'feel' and create had been inhibited.

Wonder if that means that weyland corp knew david was a knacker and altered the design.

Wonder if there will be a flashback showing the fight ending / David hacking his own arm off.

3D can be shit- but can be class as well.
Perhaps this one would have been too darkly lit to be effective- when not gimmicky its class.

Aye I found it interesting when david and walter had their little chat and it emerged walters ability to 'feel' and create had been inhibited.

Wonder if that means that weyland corp knew david was a knacker and altered the design.

Wonder if there will be a flashback showing the fight ending / David hacking his own arm off
Think you need a spoiler in there at the end mate :lol:

Last edited:
o

h fuck I thought the mods did that!
how do you doit?
Toolbar above where you compose/edit your posts.
Smiley icon.... picture icon.... video icon.... next one alongs is Insert. Click that and then choose spoiler. Then copy your last line of text into it between the two sets of square brackets.

Just did it to where I've quoted you too :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back