Alien: Covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
3D can be shit- but can be class as well.
Perhaps this one would have been too darkly lit to be effective- when not gimmicky its class.

Aye I found it interesting when david and walter had their little chat and it emerged walters ability to 'feel' and create had been inhibited.

Wonder if that means that weyland corp knew david was a knacker and altered the design.

Wonder if there will be a flashback showing the fight ending / David hacking his own arm off.
I enjoyed it but a few things bothered me. Surley having spores from plants is a better delivery system than having eggs that someone has to stand over so why was David wanting to change this? If he's a robot how come his hair had grow. Why did none of the crew ask him why he'd cut his hair as soon as they arrived?

3D can be shit- but can be class as well.
Perhaps this one would have been too darkly lit to be effective- when not gimmicky its class.

Aye I found it interesting when david and walter had their little chat and it emerged walters ability to 'feel' and create had been inhibited.

Wonder if that means that weyland corp knew david was a knacker and altered the design.

Wonder if there will be a flashback showing the fight ending / David hacking his own arm off

I enjoyed it but a few things bothered me. Surley having spores from plants is a better delivery system than having eggs that someone has to stand over so why was David wanting to change this? If he's a robot how come his hair had grow. Why did none of the crew ask him why he'd cut his hair as soon as they arrived?

re his hair I guess they make them to be semi real or something, does seem a bit daft though.

maybe it was to make him look like some kind of jesus figure!

re spores, yeah hard to stop them compared to the eggs!

If people didn't see that coming then there's no hope for them anyway ;)

Too late now, it's been quoted. It's spreading ;)

I will just blame moyes

Did he know about the spores? All he found was the liquid stuff not the airborne stuff. Also given the murial in Prometheus the engineers have been there before and developed this species so perhaps the Xenomorphs natural evolution/development leads to them using eggs?

Did he know about the spores? All he found was the liquid stuff not the airborne stuff. Also given the murial in Prometheus the engineers have been there before and developed this species so perhaps the Xenomorphs natural evolution/development leads to them using eggs?
Yeah he knew, he explained it to the crew when he found them.

Yeah he knew, he explained it to the crew when he found them.
Fair enough. I guess the eggs mean the species can reproduce on it's own then rather than needing to create the weird spores themselves. So if they move to a new world they can take over.... again massaging David's ego.

Decided I'm not watching it. I can't risk having the Alien legacy sullied any further than it has by dross like Resurrection and Prometheus. Damage limitation and all that.

Is this on Kodi anywhere, I tried to get it through Exodus but it says theres 'no stream'

Looks exactly the same as every other alien film. Doomed crew - bad robot - eggs - huggers - aliens - lone survivor(s)

Bored with it

Found the whole thing very underwhelming. Very little chemistry amongst the crew, too slow a pace, very predictable formula with a "reveal" that insults the audience's intelligence. Too many plot holes that made it implausible, the aliens grew far too quickly.

Only really good things about it were Fassbender's performance, those spores & a couple of links into previous films. It could've & should've been so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back