Alien: Covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the whole thing very underwhelming. Very little chemistry amongst the crew, too slow a pace, very predictable formula with a "reveal" that insults the audience's intelligence. Too many plot holes that made it implausible, the aliens grew far too quickly.

Only really good things about it were Fassbender's performance, those spores & a couple of links into previous films. It could've & should've been so much better.

Which bits did you think were daft?

main ones for me was david wiping out the entire engineer race who were randomly concentrated into a tiny city area/ not any out and about anywhere else.

There would have been survivors given their technology.

Thought the crew were stupid not wearing masks on a new planet before they analysed it properly.

Is this on Kodi anywhere, I tried to get it through Exodus but it says theres 'no stream'
Go and pay to see it, tightwad. If you worked wiping shite off old ladies bottoms for the same amount of time that you spend defending Trump on here, you could afford to have them act the whole f***ing thing out in your living room.

Which bits did you think were daft?

main ones for me was david wiping out the entire engineer race who were randomly concentrated into a tiny city area/ not any out and about anywhere else.

There would have been survivors given their technology.

Thought the crew were stupid not wearing masks on a new planet before they analysed it properly.

You've mentioned a couple already, loads of little nagging things - shooting at explosives that blew up the ship, the speed at which the aliens grew, David's hair growing despite him being a robot, the crew all splitting up once they went to David's place, taking the main ship as low down towards the planet. There's probably a lot more as well.

Go and pay to see it, tightwad. If you worked wiping shite off old ladies bottoms for the same amount of time that you spend defending Trump on here, you could afford to have them act the whole f***ing thing out in your living room.

says the man with 6500 posts in less than a year, I average half that:lol:

It was like H.R.Giger on acid - but in a good way.

Seemed to be a bit of a muddle in terms of not being able to decide how the Aliens came into being.

I have also read elsewhere that the two synthetics were supposedly one but with split personalities - it wasn't obvious to me. I think it tried a bit too hard and with another two to come could have spaced the ideas out a bit.

7/10.

Seemed to be a bit of a muddle in terms of not being able to decide how the Aliens came into being.

I have also read elsewhere that the two synthetics were supposedly one but with split personalities - it wasn't obvious to me. I think it tried a bit too hard and with another two to come could have spaced the ideas out a bit.

7/10.
The Owls are not what they seem.

7/10.
Walter and David are the same model but programmed differently, Walter can also heal himself but David cant.

The whole 'David inventing the xenomorph' storyline was utter shite in my opinion. It also doesn't really follow on naturally to the first Alien film. In the first film the space jockey (an engineer) has been killed by a xenomorph (which presumably burst out of it's chest), if that's the case then where did that xeno come from?

I'm pretty convinced that the beings David killed weren't engineers, they didn't look quite the same and they were basically living in mud huts with one landing zone. I think they were another seeded species.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back