Alex Hales

It’s a difficult one this, in the sense Hales is a quality player.

But since Morgan took over, not only has he changed us from a very poor side to a very good side, he has made us a brilliant attacking and extremely watchable and entertaining side.

Whether that is all down to him I doubt it, however we absolutely unrecognisable from the side he took over.

He has definitely earned the right for his judgement to be backed!

It’s a difficult one this, in the sense Hales is a quality player.

But since Morgan took over, not only has he changed us from a very poor side to a very good side, he has made us a brilliant attacking and extremely watchable and entertaining side.

Whether that is all down to him I doubt it, however we absolutely unrecognisable from the side he took over.

He has definitely earned the right for his judgement to be backed!

It's the reality of any sport, if you keep winning you can pretty much do what you like. And Morgan keeps winning.

This issue will come to a head properly when results start to drop off.

I am a bit uncomfortable how much power Morgan has like, its not healthy. He was vital for our one day resurgence, but so was Strauss, Bayliss....so were the players, Hales, Roy, Buttler, Root etc

The team should always come first, and that means best squad to win games.

Morgan will claim that this is why he is taking his stance, for the team, but I dont think it is, its personal IMO. He shouldnt have the power to omit a player just because he fell out with him in my view.

Haway Chunky more details needed here, can't just drop that one in! you mixing with the stars like?
Work thing, not that exciting

Quote from Morgan when asked about Hales on Wedn.
Totally logical and not thee least dictatorial imo.

"Our position on Alex still remains the same," Morgan said. "He's out of the squad. The squad is very strong at the moment.

"You look at the strength of our squad at the moment and the areas that we're trying to improve… one area we don't struggle for players, it's probably in the top three.

"He's not in the squad and the squad is very difficult to get back into. The player that he is has never been in doubt.

"Could he return ahead of the World Cup? Only time will tell. But time is a great healer."

Quote from Morgan when asked about Hales on Wedn.
Totally logical and not thee least dictatorial imo.

"Our position on Alex still remains the same," Morgan said. "He's out of the squad. The squad is very strong at the moment.

"You look at the strength of our squad at the moment and the areas that we're trying to improve… one area we don't struggle for players, it's probably in the top three.

"He's not in the squad and the squad is very difficult to get back into. The player that he is has never been in doubt.

"Could he return ahead of the World Cup? Only time will tell. But time is a great healer."

Nice words, but Liam Livingston is in this squad. There's no reality where he's a better top order bat than Hales.

Nice words, but Liam Livingston is in this squad. There's no reality where he's a better top order bat than Hales.
Players do improve. Livingston's bowling has improved and can now turn the ball both ways. I believe he's there as a middle order hitter who gives an extra bowling option. Whether Hales is a better opener is irrelevant surely.

Players do improve. Livingston's bowling has improved and can now turn the ball both ways. I believe he's there as a middle order hitter who gives an extra bowling option. Whether Hales is a better opener is irrelevant surely.

He opens for Lancashire Lightning and opens for Perth Scorchers, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in this squad to bat in the top 3. You're being kind to his bowling as well, it is at best a 6th option.

He opens for Lancashire Lightning and opens for Perth Scorchers, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in this squad to bat in the top 3. You're being kind to his bowling as well, it is at best a 6th option.
Yes, but I'm going on what the reliable cricket writers are saying.

Interesting. Got any links?
It would have been either Athers or Dobell but I can't find the links but I can assure you that I'm.neither hallucinating nor telling porkies. Said Livingstone was there as the extra spin option in place of the injured Dawson.
May well have been sky preview,either last night or pre-match.

I listened to the Sky cricket show, and Giles spoke very well actually on all issues, but I felt on this one he was still a bit vague

Nasser was making the point that Hales should have jyust been told either way, and that nobody had contacted him. thats what I find poor

Giles says gonna talk to his agent but that trust is still needed to repair.

Just put the lad out of his mysery

Back