Alex Hales

Staggering. Blokes done nothing wrong for the last 5-6 years basically. Should have won the world T20 and did win the World Cup and beat every team on the planet in the meantime. If you find something to criticise him for then you’ll whinge at anything.

To be fair you will try and argue that we are better off playing Danny Graham or AOB up front instead of 22 goal charlie Wyke ;)

To me its Morgan's job to provide success for the team he captains and do what is in his control to do that. Whether Hales should or should not be selected is a good point of debate. If he had no other viable options at the top of the order he would probably have maintained a softer stance but he has players in the same ball park that he can choose from and still get the message across that if you let the squad down (on more than one occasion regarding Hales) then you are going to find it hard to get back in. As always results determine everything, if England fall just short and have done so without selecting hales he will be strongly criticised, if we are successful he can argue that the decision not to choose him was the right one.

its not a dictatorship

Morgan should have a say in selection, but no more than that

otherwise just get rid of Ed Smith if he isn't doing any work
Staggering. Blokes done nothing wrong for the last 5-6 years basically. Should have won the world T20 and did win the World Cup and beat every team on the planet in the meantime. If you find something to criticise him for then you’ll whinge at anything.

:lol: perhaps the most ironic post on this board.

Called for Buttler to be dropped 10 minutes after 1 of our best ever test chases

Slagged Wyke 10 mins after he scored 4 goals in a game

I could go on

Last edited:
its not a dictatorship

Called for Buttler to be dropped 10 minutes after 1 of our best ever test chases

I could go on
The prat is back. Thought you ignored me? Was happy of the peace for a while
To be fair you will try and argue that we are better off playing Danny Graham or AOB up front instead of 22 goal charlie Wyke ;)
Valid point if Charlie Wyke were to win his country a World Cup and dominate his format of international sport for a significant period.

Last edited:
ive just seen morgan on ssn and the impression he gave that hales is not in the squad as it stands but depending on inuries and form, he has the chance of selection
its not a dictatorship

I could go on
if you respell ironic as moronic, then it makes sense. couple of trolls on the board, this one is right up there

Last edited:
Morgan has some ego on him like. Could you imagine if Andy Farrell refused to have Johnny Sexton or similar in the team because he did a bit of charlie and cheated on his lass years ago.

Morgan has some ego on him like. Could you imagine if Andy Farrell refused to have Johnny Sexton or similar in the team because he did a bit of charlie and cheated on his lass years ago.
The difference is that Sexton is (well was) by far Ireland’s best player. Hales probably gets in the side, but it’s not like he is head and shoulders over the incumbents

The All Blacks had a “no dickhead” rule if we’re doing rugby comparisons

ive just seen morgan on ssn and the impression he gave that hales is not in the squad as it stands but depending on inuries and form, he has the chance of selection

if you respell ironic as moronic, then it makes sense. couple of trolls on the board, this one is right up ther

if you respell ironic as moronic, then it makes sense. couple of trolls on the board, this one is right up there
Yeah, from the comments I read that seemed to be the state of play too. I agree he's an excellent player but not by such a margin that the people in the team should be dropped to accommodate him when they've been delivering in his absence.

The difference is that Sexton is (well was) by far Ireland’s best player. Hales probably gets in the side, but it’s not like he is head and shoulders over the incumbents

The All Blacks had a “no dickhead” rule if we’re doing rugby comparisons

He was one of our best batsmen. He really was that good.

What's Morgan's objective measure of who is and isn't a dickhead? He seems to have a few issues with good batsmen.

He was one of our best batsmen. He really was that good.

What's Morgan's objective measure of who is and isn't a dickhead? He seems to have a few issues with good batsmen.
He was. But he’s not head and shoulders ahead of Roy, Bairstow etc (like Sexton)

I guess being a dickhead is subjective. But he’s been done for failed drug tests, that qualifies. I was on a zoom the other day with a member of England 2003 and they preached and preached the value of the collective. And the argument is he breached trust

is it right? Dunno. But I get it.

He was. But he’s not head and shoulders ahead of Roy, Bairstow etc (like Sexton)

I guess being a dickhead is subjective. But he’s been done for failed drug tests, that qualifies. I was on a zoom the other day with a member of England 2003 and they preached and preached the value of the collective. And the argument is he breached trust

I get him being banned. I don't get him being frozen out when he's served that ban. Should be judged on cricketing ability alone.

If I picked the team I would select Hales, but Morgan has been a master at odis and t20s for England and if he feels it would not work for the team, then I would back his opinion on that.

we are very lucky that England have such a quality T20s and odi batting line up

If I picked the team I would select Hales, but Morgan has been a master at odis and t20s for England and if he feels it would not work for the team, then I would back his opinion on that.

we are very lucky that England have such a quality T20s and odi batting line up

I am a bit uncomfortable how much power Morgan has like, its not healthy. He was vital for our one day resurgence, but so was Strauss, Bayliss....so were the players, Hales, Roy, Buttler, Root etc

The team should always come first, and that means best squad to win games.

Morgan will claim that this is why he is taking his stance, for the team, but I dont think it is, its personal IMO. He shouldnt have the power to omit a player just because he fell out with him in my view.

Haway Chunky more details needed here, can't just drop that one in! you mixing with the stars like?

Last edited:

Back