Aiden Mcgeady

Imagine posting that ^
Grow up

While his language could have been better hes generally right. When you think of McGeady you are picturing him 18 months as a 33 year old playing in a system that is only interested in serving his purpose. Hes now 35 hasn't played a decent game of football in a year for anyone, wont be playing in a system solely designed for his benefit and that's before you even discuss whether or not he is a disruptive character. In addition it pushes our younger payers even further back in the pecking order. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

So you've totally forgotten the quality goals he's scored for Sunderland?
Agree mate. His critics should tell us what McGeady has done to be totally isolated in this manner by our charismatic manager.
Parkinson is cutting his nose to spite his miserable face. (Or doing as the owners are telling him by isolating our highest earner?).

Last edited:
While his language could have been better hes generally right. When you think of McGeady you are picturing him 18 months as a 33 year old playing in a system that is only interested in serving his purpose. Hes now 35 hasn't played a decent game of football in a year for anyone, wont be playing in a system solely designed for his benefit and that's before you even discuss whether or not he is a disruptive character. In addition it pushes our younger payers even further back in the pecking order. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
I get what you are saying , however we are so lacking creativity a 35 year old McGeady runs rings around any of our current midfield
@Forty recons he never turned up for the first 9 games last season
Not 8 or 10 but 9
Amusing how he can come to that conclusion :lol:

Last edited:
Are you still of that opinion?

Another great assist.

My only slight concern about McGeady is I can see very slight tendencies in the side to try and give him the ball every time we get in the final third.
It eventually became a weakness in Ross’s side as it made us very predictable and far less potent once he broke his foot that season.

That’s why it’s really encouraging to see Gooch starting to hit form. He gives us a real credible alternative attacking outlet and stops opponents concentrating solely on stopping McGeady.

Another great assist.

My only slight concern about McGeady is I can see very slight tendencies in the side to try and give him the ball every time we get in the final third.
It eventually became a weakness in Ross’s side as it made us very predictable and far less potent once he broke his foot that season.

That’s why it’s really encouraging to see Gooch starting to hit form. He gives us a real credible alternative attacking outlet and stops opponents concentrating solely on stopping McGeady.
So it became a weakness when he broke his foot hmm who would have thought it

Another great assist.

I think with Gooch, Jones and honestly O'Brien that counters the over reliance on McGeady.

Gooch was much better today but he needs to be a bit calmer on the once hes beat his man.

O'Brien won the ball from long balls or from hassleing and played it into dangerous positions. That's why hes on the squad and took his goal well.

Jones skinned their whole team again 😎

I think it shows that since Sept 20 the majority of us Knew he could still do a decent job while Parkinson couldnt - only another failing in a huge catalogue of errors.

Back