Aiden Mcgeady

I would say we wouldnt be able to put him in the first team squad now - his 15k a week would put us over the wage cap

Keep up. Any player who's contract predates the introduction of the wage cap only counts the L1 average if he's paid above it. This reckoned to be £1.7kpw towards the overall wage cap.

i.e. all of our signings apart from those who've signed this summer after August 7th. (So not Aidan O'Brien).

So if we'd signed Messi on August 6th, and were paying him £500,000 a week, then it would only count £1700 a week towards the overall wage cap.

We still have to pay him even if he doesn’t play you know?

Of course. But his wage doesn't count towards the wage cap AT ALL if he's not registered for the league squad. McGeady isn't.

Will end up back at charlton on loan and will probably get them.up
Charlton tried to play him centre-mid last season.
The experiment failed. He doesn't have the legs.
Which part of my post tmdo you disageee with then? It's all true. He's shite man. Charlton fans hate him, as do Everton and Celtic fans.
He's not shite, but he wasn't a success at Charlton.

Last edited:
Here’s something radical, play McGeady, our only player who can create something out of nothing, bring Maddison in, give the young players a chance and that will be the creativity that we are desperately lacking! To hell with parkinson and his ego, the man is plodder who has created a team of plodders.

Oh, and I’d make Mcgeady captain.
If we don’t change anything from last season then we aren’t going to see a change in results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye fuck him - more bothered that the young lads aren't getting the opportunity. Age catches upon you quickly - hes someone who hasn't had an effective game of football for over a year and at 35 we need to forget about him before you even talk about whether he is or isn't a negative influence on others.
Good point that mate Parkinson mustn’t agree though he signed 35 year old danny graham

I get the impression he’s a bit of a shit bag and a bully who thinks he knows better than anyone else. I’ll back the manager if their conclusion is that he’s a bad apple that will spoil the bunch and divide the dressing room - we need a good team spirit and players with the right attitude. Don’t care how talented he is - if he’s toxic, freeze him out.

People sa
No, fuck him.
Coming from the same idiot who said Cattermole and honeyman weren’t you to it , year and a bit later we’ve got Dobson and power who mustered about 2 league goals between them last season!
Saying fuck Mcgeady he’s a cut above in this league and we’re currently struggling to create anything .
So aye fuck all these players Theyl be replaced by down graded and Wel finish further down the league each season.
Clown shoe

I’ve never met McGeady but to me he spoke more sense in STID 1 than anyone else, he may or may not be a bully, I don’t know, but he was spot on saying they shouldnt be laughing and joking In training after a 0-3 home defeat and that whatever anyone thought of Grabann, we should have made more of an effort to keep him as he scored goals.

People sa

Coming from the same idiot who said Cattermole and honeyman weren’t you to it , year and a bit later we’ve got Dobson and power who mustered about 2 league goals between them last season!
Saying fuck Mcgeady he’s a cut above in this league and we’re currently struggling to create anything .
So aye fuck all these players Theyl be replaced by down graded and Wel finish further down the league each season.
Clown shoe
Honeyman failed yet again in the Championship and Nobody in this country would touch Cattermole when he left us. Mcgeady bullied players, threw his toys out the pram when Ross left and is a bad influence on the squad. Apart from everything that you posted, you're dead right.

Not at all. He's shite now and past it. Plus, he's a massive c unt.
Hes supposedly a massive c.u.n.t for telling half the squad they would never play at a higher level....so basically telling them some home truths and they didn't like it. No wonder our players get bullied almost every game. No leader in the dressing room for 2 seasons now

Hes supposedly a massive c.u.n.t for telling half the squad they would never play at a higher level....so basically telling them some home truths and they didn't like it. No wonder our players get bullied almost every game. No leader in the dressing room for 2 seasons now
McGeady is a bully and he’s no leader on or off the pitch. Leaders don’t tell ‘home truths’, criticise or belittle their colleagues especially publicly. They encourage players, give advice when necessary and improve the confidence, self esteem and playing output of the team. The old days of swearing and browbeating are long gone. Psychology and team/ individual player motivation comes Into it.

Back