Academy Players Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selling our future for short term gain.

What's your vested interest in the academy mate? I notice yourself and a couple of others are fairly quiet round the rest of the football discussion but are massively invested when any of the youths are discussed?

What's your vested interest in the academy mate? I notice yourself and a couple of others are fairly quiet round the rest of the football discussion but are massively invested when any of the youths are discussed?

I go to most u23 games and have an interest in our future, anything wrong with that?

I go to most u23 games and have an interest in our future, anything wrong with that?

No, did I say there was?

Was just curious as it’s obvious you feel very strongly about it. Not sure why you went straight on the defensive? 😂

Selling our future for short term gain.
SD has explained this situation a number of times. The club can’t stop the youths from leaving and instead of getting fuck all for them , he comes to an agreement where we do actually receive some compensation.

SD has explained this situation a number of times. The club can’t stop the youths from leaving and instead of getting fuck all for them , he comes to an agreement where we do actually receive some compensation.
Compensation is set by PL rules with many contributing factors of each individual. It’s not him getting a ‘good’ deal...
The club also can do something about it.
It’s madness how many times I read this..

Compensation is set by PL rules with many contributing factors of each individual. It’s not him getting a ‘good’ deal...
Well this is what Donald has said in his Podcast and I’d be surprised if he was going to spout lies which could easily be disproven . I accept you will can get compensated for the time you have put in with the player, but SD put it forward that he had received a better deal than they would have received via the compensation.

Its him getting something rather than nothing though.we cant stop kids leaving at early ages ,or stop parents dreaming their lads are the next best thing.When only one per cent of lads who join as apprentices at 16 go on to make the grade fact.

Well this is what Donald has said in his Podcast and I’d be surprised if he was going to spout lies which could easily be disproven . I accept you will can get compensated for the time you have put in with the player, but SD put it forward that he had received a better deal than they would have received via the compensation.
Didn’t think that was allowed to be fair. That’s why the rules were put in place. To stop silly money being asked for kids.. but sure there’s ways & means of doing it ‘legally’ I guess!
If he knows ways to get a better deal perhaps that’s why they’re going now and never have been allowed before!

Its him getting something rather than nothing though.we cant stop kids leaving at early ages ,or stop parents dreaming their lads are the next best thing.When only one per cent of lads who join as apprentices at 16 go on to make the grade fact.
You can stop them.
And it’s nothing to do with dreaming.
They’re still dreaming if they stay then!
So let’s all give in now?!
Don’t get your point...

That is good. The state of the academy isn't. He isn't above criticism
No he isnt rocky ,but im more interested why a parent of a kid thats left our club is on this board . Is the grass not as green as they thought.SD and CM have done us proud getting this investment to us ,they wont get everything right but they try.

No he isnt rocky ,but im more interested why a parent of a kid thats left our club is on this board . Is the grass not as green as they thought.SD and CM have done us proud getting this investment to us ,they wont get everything right but they try.
Why do you keep talking about me like I’m not here?
I’m on because I’m a Sunderland fan, the club & academy still interest me. And occasionally grown men discuss my child & family & talk utter shite. So occasionally I like to comment.
Any reason I shouldn’t be on here?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back