Academy Players Leaving

What I find odd about it is that disappointing as it is to sell on academy players, the club should be trying to salvage some positive publicity from it at the very least.

They’re clearly identifying talent. That’s at least something.

Asset stripping more like it
We have no say in whether our academy players leave or not, just like every other club in the country. It's up to you who you believe on whether Donald is touting our youth prospects about in with the aim of making a quick buck before he loses his majority stake, but one thing I will say is to all intents and purposes we have a top six academy, and currently sit 48th out of 91. If any other club with our resources found themselves in our position, I'd be expecting similar to happen to them, regardless on their owners actions.

We have no say in whether our academy players leave or not, just like every other club in the country. It's up to you who you believe on whether Donald is touting our youth prospects about in with the aim of making a quick buck before he loses his majority stake, but one thing I will say is to all intents and purposes we have a top six academy, and currently sit 48th out of 91. If any other club with our resources found themselves in our position, I'd be expecting similar to happen to them, regardless on their owners actions.
Mr Dell 1st £££££££ into club

when parents of players saying they are touting the players around, i guess you believe them, no?

To be expected really isn't it. We're a League One club, any good youngsters will be hoovered up, especially those we can't offer first team football too.

Not if they had the right staff at the club to develop them into 1st footballers.

Who wants to play for our u18's and u23's and get beat each week???

I bet ya Embleton will be gutted he signed on for another year.

Things I've heard about the academy are shocking, basically been used as a short term income for them.

Good to see people are as charming as ever above.

he is, been happening for best part of a year. I know this for 100% fact

Last edited:

Back