Academy Players Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the players we were getting back on loan from Liverpool for giving them our academy prospects :(

Klopp ain't going to loan players out to teams who play the way we do. They expect performances which contribute to winning games.

Klopp ain't going to loan players out to teams who play the way we do. They expect performances which contribute to winning games.

He’ll not have a clue about us mate.

I think no matter how disappointing. We’re missing an opportunity. If they’re going to go, wish them well and let people know that whilst we’re a league one team, we can still be a pathway for developing young players.

Harsh reality of life as a league 1 club.

Not if they had the right staff at the club to develop them into 1st footballers.

Who wants to play for our u18's and u23's and get beat each week???

I bet ya Embleton will be gutted he signed on for another year.
Haven't the players that have been 'sold' the younger age group? The easiest way to balance the books is to get rid of players that are effectively giving is £0 in atm. Obviously this is a shocking long term strategy (imagine if we'd sold Henderson or Pickford for £300k when they were 15/16) but hopefully it's a thing of the past.

We have no money under Donald and have basically sold anything with a pulse.

We are 3rd division club, if the top clubs in the country come sniffing for our best talent surely the chairman has to get the most for them?

The reality is like it or lump it, young players and their families will be sold the dream and tempted by the big clubs. Might not be the best for their careers but good luck to them.

Whilst we dine outside of the PL we will lose our best talent unfortunately.

We are 3rd division club, if the top clubs in the country come sniffing for our best talent surely the chairman has to get the most for them?

The reality is like it or lump it, young players and their families will be sold the dream and tempted by the big clubs. Might not be the best for their careers but good luck to them.

Whilst we dine outside of the PL we will lose our best talent unfortunately.
Some people just can't seem to accept this. Blinded by red tinted specs that youngsters who don't support us will want to stay at a league 1 club instead of moving to a top 6 club

Reactions: bat
I've never spoken to anyone directly involved, so any information I have on it is second hand at best.

A parent of one of the kids already gone is on this thread and actually replied to that post you're quoting mate.

She registered here last season to join a thread when her son left to put people straight after posters were speculating that "the kids and the parents were angling for a move", or "there was nothing we could do".

From what she said the club were not only actively encouraging other clubs to point out players they liked, but when the compensation was agreed they did everything they could to facilitate the move and get the compensation payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back