A question for Trans-Rights activists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trans people have the same rights as everyone else.

But what women have is rights that are based upon their sex, and the right to spaces that exclude males (Sex is a protected category in the Equality Act). It's these rights that are being eroded by the trans lobby. They also want to erode homosexuality (sexual orientation is also protected under the Equality Act), by suggesting that lesbians who won't accept transwomen as sexual partners are guilty of bigotry, and have simply a 'genital preference' or 'genital fetish', rather than same-sex attraction. It also denies biological sex as material reality, which further erodes sex based rights.

The reason that the political right can exploit this and 'erode tolerance' is because people on the left have completely lost their f***ing minds on the issue!

Graham Linehan first got politically active on Twitter during 'Gamergate', when a bunch of misogynist male gamers objected to female influence in the gaming industry. Many of them morphed into the alt-Right pro-Trumpers. And a few of those were at the forefront of the new brand of trans-activism. It's become an issue in which the alt-Right and the Woke leftists have found common cause.

Undoubtedly there are some people who've taken the issue at face value, and genuinely believe that sex is 'assigned at birth' and is not a biological reality. But I think that two other motives have provided much of the impetus. One is intellectual: some of the proponents get a kick from seeing if they can persuade the general populace to believe things that are patently untrue. The other is straightforward trolling: many of the beardy men who are most outspoken on the issue have a long history on online trolling - this is just their latest vehicle.

Graham Linehan first got politically active on Twitter during 'Gamergate', when a bunch of misogynist male gamers objected to female influence in the gaming industry. Many of them morphed into the alt-Right pro-Trumpers. And a few of those were at the forefront of the new brand of trans-activism. It's become an issue in which the alt-Right and the Woke leftists have found common cause.

Undoubtedly there are some people who've taken the issue at face value, and genuinely believe that sex is 'assigned at birth' and is not a biological reality. But I think that two other motives have provided much of the impetus. One is intellectual: some of the proponents get a kick from seeing if they can persuade the general populace to believe things that are patently untrue. The other is straightforward trolling: many of the beardy men who are most outspoken on the issue have a long history on online trolling - this is just their latest vehicle.
It's also the case that a lot of those people are Men's Rights Activists. Of course they want to see the erasure of women as a sex class, the denial of homosexuality, and the acceptance of innate gender roles and stereotypes. MRAs and TRAs are two cheeks of the same arse.

Is there not a more mainstream section of people who support trans rights without the militant shite?

Is there not a more mainstream section of people who support trans rights without the militant shite?

Graham Linehan and his allies. Many of his supporters are trans.

They want trans people to be protected and supported, which is an entirely liberal and sane position. What they're up against is this fascist nonsense that if you state a biological fact, or if you call for a debate into the implications of hardline trans-rights, you're transphobic and should be ostracized. Meanwhile you have children being given puberty blockers and male sexual predators identifying as female in order to get access to female spaces.

Seems the labour leadership contest is no embroiled in this.

Doubt this is high up on the list of priorities for ex-labour voters

Thank fuck, the people of Bishop will come running back next election.
#ExpellMe is trending on twitter now as well.

I'm not too sure about pledges 5 and 9, although admit to being a bit ignorant over this subject.
I'm not completely ignorant on the subject, I just think it's a tiny minority of people that happen to be loud and having them inside will alienate more than it will attract.

I can see the argument some LG&Bs have an issue with Ts being lumped in with them. At the end of the day what you want to shag and what you want to be are two different things.

Last edited:
Heard a story that a couple of cage fighters from Cardiff went out for the night dressed up like women and they were targeted by a a mob of blokes....guess how that story ended.
Heard another story that a transgender was targeted on a train by some football fans turns out he/she was ex SAS .......guess how that story ended.

I do feel sorry for Graham because I agree with him on this issue and in particular his right to voice his opinion but it is sweet when hypocrisy comes to bite you on the arse now and again.
Loads of us do. We just get called transphobes by the woke brigade because we don't think you should just be able to declare yourself the opposite sex and have the world treat you differently overnight
Seems the labour leadership contest is no embroiled in this.

Doubt this is high up on the list of priorities for ex-labour voters

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Loads of us do. We just get called transphobes by the woke brigade because we don't think you should just be able to declare yourself the opposite sex and have the world treat you differently overnight

I meant from among trans people themselves. To offset the perception that all the activism around them is strident and extreme

I meant from among trans people themselves. To offset the perception that all the activism around them is strident and extreme
I imagine like the vast majority of people who don't believe in this new wave of woke horseshit they are just going about their lives trying to avoid hassle.

I know Jordan Peterson did an extensive section on one of his tours where he read out letters and emails from trans people he'd conversed with, although that might have been bullshit.

I think there's a lass called blair white whos very much on the sane side of the argument... but I don't know much more about her.
Is this something to do with all this ?

I love the idea of a child growing up thinking that's what gay people look like :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back