37% of patients in hospital with covid are not being treated for covid

• Thread starter Rustie Trombone
  • Start date
The virus will be here forever. It’s endemic.

We will never ever see more restrictions on our lives that are different to other viruses
Hundreds Brian.And since you claimed it over in July about 22,000
How many have died from other viruses we don’t consider a threat then? I bet it’s more.

Maybe the rules vary by trust or have changed recently, but in mid December my mate who is a nurse could not attend work because his wife had COVID.

He acknowledged this was an utter joke
What about if his lodger or mate are ill?
What haven't I answered?

But surely if it's over then there wadnt be any patients to send home Brian.

3.5 million cases yet you're claiming it's over.Nowt to do with lockdowns or lack of them.
Omicron is a sweeper upper...it's over. Many countries have kept the old and vunerable in a freezer for two years, many would have died from other viiruses, so we have to accept deaths or stay locked down forever.

Last edited:
What about if his lodger or mate are ill?

Omicron is a sweeper upper...it's over. Many countries have kept the old and vunerable in a freezer for two years, many would have died from other viiruses, so we have to accept deaths or stay locked down forever.
Cheers Oldie :lol:

One of the biggest frustrations of this whole pandemic is that the government and the health authorities have reported deaths as ‘people who have died within 28 days of testing positive’ ..... or actually in the very early days you just had to ‘show signs of COVID symptoms’ to have Covid recorded on your death certificate...... so to answer your question deaths BECAUSE of Covid are MASSIVELY over stated.

I also have personal experience of someone having Covid in their death certificate when it wasn’t Covid that cause her to die.
What about deaths AFTER 28 days that we caused by covid?

28 days was chosen as it balances out.
The virus will be here forever. It’s endemic.

We will never ever see more restrictions on our lives that are different to other viruses

How many have died from other viruses we don’t consider a threat then? I bet it’s more.
Which other virus have more than 22,000 people died from?

Last edited:
The UKHSA explained their reasons for how the deaths are recorded a while back

The Health Foundation did a canny blog last month about excess deaths and why it's difficult to come to firm conclusions about them at the current time.

It's going to be years before the health impact of Covid from the last two years will be really known imo. And probably even longer for the societal and economic impacts.

Last edited:
The small print on the “Covid death” stats always states something like: “Tested positive for Covid within 28 days of death”. Which to me sounds like they may not actually have died of Covid, they just tested positive at some point in the 28 days prior to dying. We’ll probably never know for sure.
It's, Deaths for any reason within 28 days of a positive test.

Your claiming it's over then claim its here forever.Id say you're the one with the problem.

Its clear what he meant. You've spent months antagonising him on the basis that restrictions would return and he'd be proved wrong. They haven't. You must be a bit embarrassed.

Its clear what he meant. You've spent months antagonising him on the basis that restrictions would return and he'd be proved wrong. They haven't. You must be a bit embarrassed.
I said the majority of europe would struggle to get through the winter without restrictions/lockdowns.Id say thats been a pretty accurate statement.Btw I havent been antagonising him at all.Speaking of embarrassing statements I might just bump yours up as you've bottled your threat.Any chance you're going to grow a pair?

Back