37% of patients in hospital with covid are not being treated for covid

• Thread starter Rustie Trombone
  • Start date

Grow a pair then and make a prediction.
To satisfy some crackpot weirdo on the internet who will drag it up in 12 months with a told you so comment if it isnt 100% accurate? No its fine. I wont be partaking in your cock waving contest in January 2023 (if you havent been banned by then :) )

so, got the balls to stand up and outline what you think?
Yes as always.Steady away owa the spring/summer,with things not quite as bad next winter as this winter.Be surprised if another variant comes along that would cause so many cases.Whats your prediction?

Yes as always.Steady away owa the spring/summer,with things not quite as bad next winter as this winter.Be surprised if another variant comes along that would cause so many cases.Whats your prediction?
your posts dont really back up the steady away view mind,

same as I said before xmas, this is the beginning of the end of the pandemic we are at the cross roads between pandemic and endemic, current data is showing we are reaching the peak of this wave and i fully expect the figures to follow the same curve we have seen else where.

we are at now in the winter season, the time of year we always see the worst outcomes with respiratory disease and really pleased to see the NHS coping as well as can be expected for the time of year.

for context we had over 400 excess daily deaths in 2017-2018, over 35% from respiratory disease, all deaths are terrible but its the way of things this time of year, we are at the tail end of delta too, so not surprised or concerned about the current death rates and to be honest its less than i was expecting at the peak, which is why i am convinced we are going out of this now.

I would expect a few 1000 deaths each year due to covid moving forward, I just wonder if that will be alongside flu and other issues or if one will displace the other each year, so some years will be heavy covid or heavy flu, i think it will hit the same group of high risk people each year and why i think boosters for them is so important.

March we have another new tool in the tool kit the new vaccine, I can see that being the final nail in the head for the pandemic, I will go as far to suggest it will be announced in the spring that we have moved from pandemic to endemic by the powers that be, other countries will trail us by a couple of months, but I think we will see the same over 2022 worldwide and we wont see another wave like we have in the past.

your posts dont really back up the steady away view mind,

same as I said before xmas, this is the beginning of the end of the pandemic we are at the cross roads between pandemic and endemic, current data is showing we are reaching the peak of this wave and i fully expect the figures to follow the same curve we have seen else where.

we are at now in the winter season, the time of year we always see the worst outcomes with respiratory disease and really pleased to see the NHS coping as well as can be expected for the time of year.

for context we had over 400 excess daily deaths in 2017-2018, over 35% from respiratory disease, all deaths are terrible but its the way of things this time of year, we are at the tail end of delta too, so not surprised or concerned about the current death rates and to be honest its less than i was expecting at the peak, which is why i am convinced we are going out of this now.

I would expect a few 1000 deaths each year due to covid moving forward, I just wonder if that will be alongside flu and other issues or if one will displace the other each year, so some years will be heavy covid or heavy flu, i think it will hit the same group of high risk people each year and why i think boosters for them is so important.

March we have another new tool in the tool kit the new vaccine, I can see that being the final nail in the head for the pandemic, I will go as far to suggest it will be announced in the spring that we have moved from pandemic to endemic by the powers that be, other countries will trail us by a couple of months, but I think we will see the same over 2022 worldwide and we wont see another wave like we have in the past.
We all know this wave is close to ending.As for the tool in the box it'll help owa the summer we all know that .Question is will it be up to fighting the new variants that may or may not come later in the year?

Sorry .. don't know what has happened there ... have lost most of my response to you !
Very briefly , yes there are lots of stats out there but the key info as to the average age of death and the distinction between covid and non covid related hospitalisations and deatths is not easily discerned from ONS data base.
Most people are not stats and numbers orientated and would find ONS difficult to interpret.
The main stat of average age of covid death is not given out anymore from the BBC as is the distinction between those deaths with or without health related issues.
Therefore most of the population are simply unable to assess their personal risk.
I suspect that this simplistic information is deliberately withheld to encourage the vaccination programme

Refer
If you can't work out a mean when the data is supplied in a xls and csv form I'd probably stop trying to interpret data at all to be honest. Like you say it's simple, but it's not being withheld, it's readily available as are hospital admission rates and death rates by age and deaths with specific underlying conditions. They're even published in a nice little table every Thursday if you want to assess your risk.

Mean age of death has never regularly been given by any media outlet because it was widely misused by certain sections as some kind of nonsensical justification for cracking on when it was slightly above mean age of death overall.

We all know this wave is close to ending.As for the tool in the box it'll help owa the summer we all know that .Question is will it be up to fighting the new variants that may or may not come later in the year?
what variants?

Should we not take a vaccine just because it might not be AS effective in the future?

Fact is the vaccines even when a new variant came along was a god send for stopping deaths and serious illness, but the boosters aren't in isolation though are they, we have a whole amount of the population having different levels of natural immunity now from different sources, this is how the virus goes from pandemic to endemic, Flu atm is endemic, we have vaccines and use them, flu may one day again go pandemic does that mean we should live in fear or worry the boosters are no good as one year maybe the vaccine will fail and we see an outbreak?

there's a world wide outbreak of avian flu in birds atm, with massive culls happening, what happens if covid crosses with that....

we can all think of terrible outcomes, of what ifs, life is chaotic and dangerous by its nature, we just have to mange things and reduce risks, which thanks to the advancements of modern tech we do very well.

here's a stat thats depressing to say the least 1.7 million children under age 5 die from causes attributable to polluted environments each year, that dwarfs our covid losses in an age group thats heart breaking, the amount of death that happens is insane when you go looking for it, I feel we are quite detached from death in the UK, so when a natural outbreak happens it hits us hard, we just aren't used to dealing with it.

Back