37% of patients in hospital with covid are not being treated for covid

• Thread starter Rustie Trombone
  • Start date

Do you agree agree with Brian "it's over" ?
Not going to be dragged into a petty argument with you. Like you and everyone else on here I’ve no idea what the future holds regarding covid. I come on here to read ( and sometimes get educated by) the posts other people make. However every thread on the subject seems to end up with you following Brian about with your “ is it still over shite” it’s boring mate.. whether he’s right or wrong doesn’t really matter, although suspect his interpretation of “ it’s over “ is way off what you have taken from it.. but at least he’s put his opinions out there. Before you start, Brian’s a big lad, I know he doesn’t need me to fight his corner, I’ve only posted because your repetitive drivel is getting on my tits.. and a few others it seems.

his interpretation of “ it’s over “ is way off what you have taken from it.. but at least he’s put his opinions out there.
Iam aware what "it's over" interprutapes thank you.Btw my opinion which was very accurate is also still out there.👍 Keep the bumping up 👍
Not going to be dragged into a petty argument with you./QUOTE]
🤔
Loads of emoji’s,
You can ignore them 👍
Not going to be dragged into a petty argument with you. Before you start, Brian’s a big lad,
Shut the fuck up then,you crackpot 🙄

Last edited:
Iam aware what "it's over" interprutapes thank you.Btw my opinion which was very accurate is also still out there.👍 Keep the bumping up 👍

You can ignore them 👍

Shut the fuck up then,you crackpot 🙄

What an absolute mess you are. I'd be devastated if you were my son or father and I logged on here to find out the way you go on like this every single day on here. Sort yourself out and grow up.

What an absolute mess you are. I'd be devastated if you were my son or father and I logged on here to find out the way you go on like this every single day on here. Sort yourself out and grow up.
Grow a pair and stop posting like you said you would you coward.
What an absolute mess you are. I'd be devastated if you were my son or father
I don't think highly of you.👍
I'd be devastated if you were my son or father and I logged on here
Thank fuck my family have more sense than to log on on here to get their CV info.👍

Last edited:
The figures for Tuesday showed 13,045 patients in hospital WITH covid but 4,845 are not being treated primarily for covid

I realise covid causes problems for hospitals becuase of it's virulence but it seems a strange way to report cases?

And would I be correct in assuming that if we extrapolate these figures to our recorded deaths then the number of people who have actually died from covid is a massive over exaggeration?

I apologise for the Daily Mail link but it was also reported in the Guardian and LBC but I can't find their articles

Similar observations being made here.

Up to 40% of patients included in Spain’s coronavirus figures are actually admitted to hospital for other illnesses

And its still rising. Almost 50%, and 60% in London

Logon or register to see this image
Where is this from? I'd be interested to read the definition of 'not primarily' because if it's just 'what's the first ICD-10 code on the diagnosis record?' that does not at all, mean that COVID isn't a significant factor in the admission.
And would I be correct in assuming that if we extrapolate these figures to our recorded deaths then the number of people who have actually died from covid is a massive over exaggeration?

This would not be a correct assumption to make.

Last edited:
He's a telegraph journo, there's no data behind it

I see. I enjoy how in their words, "not primarily" becomes not at all. There can be only one diagnosis in the primary diagnosis field. If an elderly person has a heart attack, falls and breaks their hip, by The Telegraph's logic, they either don't have a broken hip, or didn't have a heart attack.

I see. I enjoy how in their words, "not primarily" becomes not at all. There can be only one diagnosis in the primary diagnosis field. If an elderly person has a heart attack, falls and breaks their hip, by The Telegraph's logic, they either don't have a broken hip, or didn't have a heart attack.
Ere man stop doing critical thinking to our dog whistling

Not really the point. If they then catch Covid in hospital they aren’t in there because of Covid. Stats have pretty much become pointless now other than vacation numbers and the number of people on ventilators. People are now seeing what they want to see from the stats.

You're missing the point. Regardless of the actual reasons, Up until omicron the numbers were a fairly consistent 25% of admissions falling into this category. Now it's almost double that.

Not really the point. If they then catch Covid in hospital they aren’t in there because of Covid. Stats have pretty much become pointless now other than vacation numbers and the number of people on ventilators. People are now seeing what they want to see from the stats.

but that metric doesn’t tell you where they’ve caught COVID

Back