37% of patients in hospital with covid are not being treated for covid

• Thread starter Rustie Trombone
  • Start date

I've just ordered a book called A State of Fear by Laura Dodsworth where she looks at the weaponisation of fear by the UK governments - I think this kind of reporting of data fits with that narrative
A book by a photographer, come on really. What extra insight is she going to bring to the table.

Most staff off because of COVID don’t have COVID.

They live with somebody who does.

It’s all f***ing nuts.
They shouldn't be isolating if they are full vaccinated which the vast majority of the population are. There'll inevitably be plenty of people bending the rules to give themselves a bit of time off like.

They shouldn't be isolating if they are full vaccinated which the vast majority of the population are. There'll inevitably be plenty of people bending the rules to give themselves a bit of time off like.

Maybe the rules vary by trust or have changed recently, but in mid December my mate who is a nurse could not attend work because his wife had COVID.

He acknowledged this was an utter joke

So will your buddy will be sending all CV patients straight home without attention based on the pubs/nightclubs/gyms been open.
I notice you didn’t respond to my previous message.

And I doubt it - in the same way he wouldn’t send an influenza patient home either.

Zero restrictions. Endemic.

I swear you have some sort of mental health issue or won’t be happy until we’re all locked down again.

I notice you didn’t respond to my previous message.
What haven't I answered?
And I doubt it - in the same way he wouldn’t send an influenza patient home either.
But surely if it's over then there wadnt be any patients to send home Brian.
I swear you have some sort of mental health issue or won’t be happy until we’re all locked down again.
3.5 million cases yet you're claiming it's over.Nowt to do with lockdowns or lack of them.

Last edited:
It's a simple and effective way of reporting things. It's far from perfect but a good overall reflection on impact on services
Understand what your saying, but the daily figures aren't there to highlight how much the NHS is struggling. When we are using raw data to potentially close businesses it needs to be precise.

What haven't I answered?

The bit about zero restrictions and an endemic virus
What haven't I answered?

But surely if it's over then there wadnt be any patients to send home Brian.

3.5 million cases yet you're claiming it's over.Nowt to do with lockdowns or lack of them.

And how many deaths from 3.5m cases

We have literally no restrictions on our lives.

By your measure this will never be over.

Last edited:

Back