3500 potential terrorists living in U.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

on police databases , why aren't we just deporting them all , why take the risk anymore ? It makes no sense
You cant deport someone who is born here.
I had no issue either with anyone who went to fight in Syria. They were more than welcolme to go, but once you went you werent allowed back in.

Course you can. Why should we as a society have to pay the huge costs of imprisoning those people?

For one they'll spread their radicalism further in prison and for another they can never be let out. You cannot rehabilitate a terrorist.

We would be much safer as a society if we deprived them of their British citizenship.

They've declared their support for a state that is hostile to us. It is absolutely barmy to think we should allow them to remain here, either as free men or at huge cost to the taxpayer.
To start with, it's not a state. Certainly not one we have recognised.

Should we recognise Islamic State?

If they support ISIS send them to ISIS controlled territory.

You should lose the right to remain here if you're a terrorist.

The law doesn't work like that.

Where should we send a white supremacist terrorist? Where would be more fitting to their worldview?

Is there still a law governing Treason on the uk statute books? Surely if there is, plotting to bomb your own country signifies instant guilt?

It wouldn't be classed as treason.

Unless we were at total war with another sovereign nation or somebody shot the Monarch I don't think anyone will ever be tried for treason again.

In any case the maximum punishment is life in jail.

Last edited:
on police databases , why aren't we just deporting them all , why take the risk anymore ? It makes no sense

One reason why firmer action isn't taken, I believe, is the community they live in will not believe they are a "potential" terrorist and will cause mayhem getting their point across. The potential terrorist will either have to be caught red handed (which will still be met with denial) or hunted down after the atrocity has occurred.

One reason why firmer action isn't taken, I believe, is the community they live in will not believe they are a "potential" terrorist and will cause mayhem getting their point across. The potential terrorist will either have to be caught red handed (which will still be met with denial) or hunted down after the atrocity has occurred.

If the individuals are evidenced plotting to cause harm why wouldn't the uk justice system put them away ?

You cant deport someone who is born here.
I had no issue either with anyone who went to fight in Syria. They were more than welcolme to go, but once you went you werent allowed back in.

Look at the carry on in the media when young lasses were heading off to join ISIS, it was everybody else fault but theirs. If they want to go they should be actively encouraged and never allowed to return.

The rule of Law !without that wree doomed ! if the state could do what they wanted without a look at the rule of law this country woult have been a totalitarian state from around 1926...if they banned the burger I would be on that list and if we had no laws there is no telling what i would do!

Last edited:
To start with, it's not a state. Certainly not one we have recognised.

Should we recognise Islamic State?

Not officially. It exists as a state in the minds of its supporters though, which is good enough for me.

Look at the carry on in the media when young lasses were heading off to join ISIS, it was everybody else fault but theirs. If they want to go they should be actively encouraged and never allowed to return.

They were children tbf mind.

Not officially. It exists as a state in the minds of its supporters though, which is good enough for me.

They were children tbf mind.

Not all of them, and those that were under UK law are not viewed as children by their chosen Caliphate.
As a parent myself I'd like to think I would have some idea if my daughter had radical Islamist leanings, what were their parents up to?

If the individuals are evidenced plotting to cause harm why wouldn't the uk justice system put them away ?

The original question was about potential, you are looking at definite evidence.

What I am saying is that in certain communities it is prudent to have everyone on board and the evidence you speak of before anything is done. Some areas have particular requirements and these need delicate handling. To march in and lift someone who has "potential" will bring about massive issues of future trust etc and could result in riots.

Well that's not good enough

Syria is still a state. You can't chuck British citizens at it

But you continue to appease to the daily mail crew mate. You're smarter than that

It is good enough. I don't want ISIS supporters in this country. I certainly don't want to be paying to keep them in our prisons, where they're a risk to other inmates and will incur costs for their protection and healthcare.

I see terrorists as a totally different class of criminal, ones who've given up not only the right to participate in society but also the right to live in this country.

They have committed treason, a crime which deserves the greatest penalty we can give.

Strip them of their citizenship and repatriate them to the state they think exists or dump them on an unserviced island, just please don't expect the taxpayer to look after them, they don't deserve it.

Not all of them, and those that were under UK law are not viewed as children by their chosen Caliphate.
As a parent myself I'd like to think I would have some idea if my daughter had radical Islamist leanings, what were their parents up to?

God knows. It's obv a family/school issue.

The lasses were 15 and 16. Still in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back