3500 potential terrorists living in U.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suggested this a few weeks back and was crucified by many on the left. Will this bloke now be crucified for the same thoughts?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...emists/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Worked in NI.......

Not.

We cant have imprisonment without trial. It's what these animals and their cowardly bombs want.

We might not have the best democracy in the world but a right to fair trial is one of them. We already have powers to deal with terrorism and those promoting terrorism.

So 3500 'potential' terrorists, let's load up the boat and send them to the middle east. You can't see any problems in implementing that plan?

If it's proven that they're ISIS supporters, no problem.

Arrest, ship out, repatriate them to ISIS-controlled land.

The only issue would be whether or not we're just swelling ISIS' numbers in which case we'd have to imprison them but it makes me sick that money could be going to schools, hospitals or policing but is instead going towards keeping those ***** at HM's pleasure.

It's a shame we don't have a remote, unserviced island to leave them all on.

If it's proven that they're ISIS supporters, no problem.

Arrest, ship out, repatriate them to ISIS-controlled land.

The only issue would be whether or not we're just swelling ISIS' numbers in which case we'd have to imprison them but it makes me sick that money could be going to schools, hospitals or policing but is instead going towards keeping those ***** at HM's pleasure.

It's a shame we don't have a remote, unserviced island to leave them all on.

Firstly how is that going to work?

Secondly, it doesn't say they're ISIS supporters. It says potential terrorists.

It really isn't as simple as 'send the buggers back' as much as people frothing at the mouth want it to be.

Who will monitor the people who become pissed off by these people's internment? Will they need internment too? Fuck it, just detain everyone to be sure.

I posted for conversation only. Something does need to be done and I'm not saying it would be perfect. Times had a number of 3500 potential jihadis within UK being monitored. Scoop the lot and move to the next lot. Frees up spooks for more jobs perhaps ?

Worked in NI.......

Not.

We cant have imprisonment without trial. It's what these animals and their cowardly bombs want.

We might not have the best democracy in the world but a right to fair trial is one of them. We already have powers to deal with terrorism and those promoting terrorism.

The 3000 or so "violent extremists" who are under observation have presumably done something to warrant that observation. If any of them are foreign nationals, deport them. If not , bring them in on whatever offences they can be charged with, give them a fair trial and then lock them up if possible. In all cases where jihad is being spoken about in public including Speakers Corner shut them down and arrest the speakers on public order offences.

Firstly how is that going to work?

Secondly, it doesn't say they're ISIS supporters. It says potential terrorists.

It really isn't as simple as 'send the buggers back' as much as people frothing at the mouth want it to be.

Right and I said if they are ISIS supporters. If they're not then obviously we wouldn't send them to Syria.

I've told you it's easy. Arrest, ship out, dump them in the desert.

No mercy for people who bomb our country. None.

How can someone on the "highly likely to be an extremist" watchlist travel backwards and forwards to libya?

Internment is lunacy. But we do need new legislation to reduce the rights and electronically tag the 3000.

If they have done something to warrant being electronically tagged then they can probably be locked up. They would be off the streets and that would be a more desirable outcome. Certainly their phones should be tapped and all internet activity logged.

I posted for conversation only. Something does need to be done and I'm not saying it would be perfect. Times had a number of 3500 potential jihadis within UK being monitored. Scoop the lot and move to the next lot. Frees up spooks for more jobs perhaps ?
Was in The Double Deckers.

How can someone on the "highly likely to be an extremist" watchlist travel backwards and forwards to libya?

Internment is lunacy. But we do need new legislation to reduce the rights and electronically tag the 3000.

There should be certain trigger points for suspected extremists, where you take further action based upon their actions. Leaving the country is a massive red flag.

Right and I said if they are ISIS supporters. If they're not then obviously we wouldn't send them to Syria.

I've told you it's easy. Arrest, ship out, dump them in the desert.

No mercy for people who bomb our country. None.

I'm not saying we need to have mercy for people who want to commit terrorist attacks on this country, but what I am saying is you are very naive if you think it's that easy.

It's a slippery slope. I don't want
The 3000 or so "violent extremists" who are under observation have presumably done something to warrant that observation. If any of them are foreign nationals, deport them. If not , bring them in on whatever offences they can be charged with, give them a fair trial and then lock them up if possible. In all cases where jihad is being spoken about in public including Speakers Corner shut them down and arrest the speakers on public order offences.

6,500 last I knew, and that was a few years ago.

Because we can't convict people of thought crimes. Agree on your second point.

Is there still a law governing Treason on the uk statute books? Surely if there is, plotting to bomb your own country signifies instant guilt?

It's treason. Depending on the circumstances they should bring back the 9 o'clock drop and hang the fuckers. I wouldn't deport them and give them an opportunity to carry on their shit in another country. I know it's better said than done, but there needs to be some form of action to make people think twice about it.

Extraordinary threat calls for extraordinary laws. Anyone on the list should just 'disappear'. I'm sure there's ways and means of doing this, a la Pinochet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back