3500 potential terrorists living in U.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You do seem fairly angry.

It's not like it could ever happen. We're part of the ECHR.

Any other way of dealing with terrorism is expensive and probably ineffective.

If we keep them here we run the risk of them radicalising other prisoners. We also have to pay for their upkeep and healthcare the rest of their lives.

If we deport them then of course there are many issues.

If someone wants to destroy this country and kill its citizens, how do you deal with them? I really cannot see any way in which those people can ever be part of society which leads me to either lifetime imprisonment or deportation.
I don't pretend to have a good answer

I'm saying your solution doesn't work in any way. I don't disagree with your views particularly, but it's not practical

Because the UK still believes in innocent until proven guilty?

If we are going to punish people for "liking" a terrorist organisation, where do we stop? IRA? Palestine? Israel? NF?

People will be on that list for a whole bunch of reasons, mostly because its sensible to track their movements in case something happens, but they probably haven't broken any law or they would be arrested anyway.

People going on about terrorists being british citizens. They give up that right to be a citizen the day they began to support a radical movement whether that be ISIL or combat 18 and other far right stuff.
Police dont have enough money but they should be treat like registered sex offenders do currently with regular visits from police to be assessed and require them to hand over electronic devices for analysis

People going on about terrorists being british citizens. They give up that right to be a citizen the day they began to support a radical movement whether that be ISIL or combat 18 and other far right stuff.
Police dont have enough money but they should be treat like registered sex offenders do currently with regular visits from police to be assessed and require them to hand over electronic devices for analysis

It's nothing to do with their affiliations, it's the logistics of the situation. You can't deport a British Citizen. Where are they going to go?

Unless you have a mythical island in the middle of the see like, that'd solve everything.

It's nothing to do with their affiliations, it's the logistics of the situation. You can't deport a British Citizen. Where are they going to go?

Unless you have a mythical island in the middle of the see like, that'd solve everything.
so you reckon to dump them all on Orkney, Shetland and the Falklands then?

Im not talking about deporting them. Im saying that they are not open to the same right normal citizens are. Why should they be?

Im not talking about deporting them. Im saying that they are not open to the same right normal citizens are. Why should they be?

Yeah but the reason why people are mentioning 'british citizens' is for that reason. Nothing to do with their rights, it's to do with the fact that people are saying 'deport them'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back