22nd October Stats

An unvaccinated personal who catches Covid may have mild or no symptoms which is what we saw before vaccines came into the equation. On the contrary, a person double jabbed may catch it and have severe or life threatening symptoms.

It's simply a lottery. People who have had no previous medical conditions have had severe symptoms or even lost their lives. On the other hand, my mother in law who is severely handicapped somehow manage to overcome it before vaccines.

Seems it doesn't past forever

A simple lottery means equal chance. By suggesting that, you're effectively claiming the vaccines don't work.

It's a lottery to a certain degree, but it's a massively weighted one.

An unvaccinated personal who catches Covid may have mild or no symptoms which is what we saw before vaccines came into the equation. On the contrary, a person double jabbed may catch it and have severe or life threatening symptoms.

It's simply a lottery. People who have had no previous medical conditions have had severe symptoms or even lost their lives. On the other hand, my mother in law who is severely handicapped somehow manage to overcome it before vaccines.

It isn't a lottery though mate. There is quite clear evidence that on the whole, people who are vaccinated have less severe symptoms than those who are unvaccinated.

Yes, you'll find examples that buck the prevailing trend everywhere you look, but they're relatively few and far between - you just hear about them more, or they stick in your mind, because they go against the grain.

You also have to equalise by age. An unvaccinated 18-year-old is going to have a far greater chance of milder symptoms, than a double-jabbed 88-year-old. Given that being unvaccinated is more common the younger you get, this creates a pool of younger people who may get COVID, easily shrug it off, and give rise to this myth that it is just a lottery.

Last edited:
If you're looking at solving any problem, you need to respond to the f***ing problem right? The problem is occurring in spite of the things supposed to prevent the problem.

If Sunderland bought a striker because the problem was scoring goals, and then we got to mid season and we're having issues scoring goals, the solution to scoring goals obviously wouldn't be adequate. The intention behind it means fuck all if its not working to stop the problem.

Prior to all of the lockdowns, the action was to delay for any number of reasons, but the theory was that the problem wasn't bad enough to require a change in behaviour, even though the evidence demonstrated the problem was getting worse, and any mature adult knows that if you change nothing, then, well, pretty f***ing obviously, nothing changes. Every delay on action prior touchdowns was based on the theory that we would do nothing to alter the current situation, and somehow, something would change.

Exactly the same scenario again.

The vaccines are amazing. But the problem is they're not amazing enough to protect the country at the level it requires while in such a shattered and fucked state.

The vaccines are amazing enough to protect the country at this very time. If those who refused to take to vaccine took it the hospitalisations wouldnt be nowhere near what they are now

Seems it doesn't last forever

So if it's a free society, get off people's backs if they're unvaccinated

Equally get off peoples backs cos they want to get on with life.

however, The unvaccinated are increasing the probability of preventing me getting on with life.

It was 20% to 80% in favour of the unvaccinated hospitalisations in the last 3 week period. And we don't actually know how many of these unvaccinated folk have medical issues that prevent taking the vaccine. Do we know how many people can't have the vaccine due to conflicting treatment or medical issues?

Its pretty much zero. We have a vaccine passport so the health officer produced a document with valid reasons to not have it and the only one is if you are allergic to both the compounds in Pfizer and AZ vaccine. Link below

Vaccine exemption

The vaccines are amazing enough to protect the country at this very time. If those who refused to take to vaccine took it the hospitalisations wouldnt be nowhere near what they are.

They would and it's because of the attitudes of people. It's like that in the UK, it's like that here in Spain and it's most likely like that around the world.

We live in a selfish self-entitled society in which more and more people more are standing up against laws, rules and authorities.
Equally get off peoples backs cos they want to get on with life.

however, The unvaccinated are increasing the probability of preventing me getting on with life.
🤦 Nevermind. I disagree with you but let's leave it at that

Last edited:
Its pretty much zero. We have a vaccine passport so the health officer produced a document with valid reasons to not have it and the only one is if you are allergic to both the compounds in Pfizer and AZ vaccine. Link below

Vaccine exemption
Excellent, thanks. One more thing to rule out.
The unvaccinated are increasing the probability of preventing me getting on with life.
I don't see it that way, surely you mean reckless folk, that are always reckless. Either way looking at the stats it's clearly young kids that are the driver at this point.

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks. One more thing to rule out.

I don't see it that way, surely you mean reckless folk, that are always reckless. Either way looking at the stats it's clearly young kids that are the driver at this point.

The kids are the drivers in terms of cases, but they're not being hospitalised.

If very few end up in hospital, then the amount being infected becomes less relevant. The end game is endemicity, so we need nearly everyone to have antibodies. The safest & quickest way is through the vaccines.

The vaccines are amazing enough to protect the country at this very time. If those who refused to take to vaccine took it the hospitalisations wouldnt be nowhere near what they are now
But they are refusing to. So that's part of the problem and not one there appears to be a solution for. So that isn't going to fix it.

Pretty much every theory in the world relating to cause and effect states that prevention is better than reaction. Fire services spend a lot of investment on fire safety to prevent fires because its much easier to stop one from starting than to put it out when it does, for example.

It will be meaningless in a fortnight's time that the vaccines were enough a fortnight ago. They won't be by then. It will be much worse. That's the reality. Numbers will go up until measures that reduce the spread are implemented.

The problem is getting worse, and as we know from the past 18 months, the rate at which problems occur after a certain point is exponential.

You can either take measures to try and fix it now while there are multiple options available, or you can wait and deal with a much worse problem that requires a more prolonged and heavy handed response and fallout afterwards.

Those are the only two possibilities here.

Whatever the argument whatever your views for ideology reasons, whether you think it’s a conspiracy, I still can’t get me head round why some still don’t see or understand the benefit of having the vaccine.

Seems it doesn't last forever

So if it's a free society, get off people's backs if they're unvaccinated
It being a free society means people can both choose not to be vaccinated, and also that other people can choose to give them grief for that decision.

That's what it means in reality.

But they are refusing to. So that's part of the problem and not one there appears to be a solution for. So that isn't going to fix it.

Pretty much every theory in the world relating to cause and effect states that prevention is better than reaction. Fire services spend a lot of investment on fire safety to prevent fires because its much easier to stop one from starting than to put it out when it does, for example.

It will be meaningless in a fortnight's time that the vaccines were enough a fortnight ago. They won't be by then. It will be much worse. That's the reality. Numbers will go up until measures that reduce the spread are implemented.

The problem is getting worse, and as we know from the past 18 months, the rate at which problems occur after a certain point is exponential.

You can either take measures to try and fix it now while there are multiple options available, or you can wait and deal with a much worse problem that requires a more prolonged and heavy handed response and fallout afterwards.

Those are the only two possibilities here.

There is a solution for those who refuse to take the vaccine, mandate vaccine passports and get tough on them. Very unfair to punish those sensible enough to get the vaccine when that option is also available. Would be political suicide to punish jabbed up people when there is a option to punish those who refuse to take it

I don't want to pay for food for the rest of my life but I expect that will continue to be the arrangement

There's bigger forces in life besides what a person wants

I'm afraid it's obvious whats going to happen if the Government continue to delay. Literally happened three f***ing times in the last year- delayed making a decision because they didn't want to, which made the outcome more prolonged and worse for everyone.

How many f***ing times will grown adults continue to believe that the same action will have different consequences
Because of the vaccine mate. Have you forgotten about that little detail. The game has changed, therefore the strategy has.
There is no reality in which a highly Contagious virus which is spreading freely among the population simply stops of its own accord. Like that's just f***ing *insane* to think that.
Who thinks that like mate. I've never heard or read where anyone has said that will happen. Most people acknowledge that covid will be around for a long time.

Last edited:
There is a solution for those who refuse to take the vaccine, mandate vaccine passports and get tough on them. Very unfair to punish those sensible enough to get the vaccine when that option is also available. Would be political suicide to punish jabbed up people when there is a option to punish those who refuse to take it
It must be you that has the data, can you point me in the right direction, I've been trying for ages without any success.

Recent figures for:

Hospitalisations - Vaccinated/Unvaccinated
On Ventilation - Vaccinated/Unvaccinated
Deaths Vaccinated/Unvaccinated.

Cheers.

It must be you that has the data, can you point me in the right direction, I've been trying for ages without any success.

Recent figures for:

Hospitalisations - Vaccinated/Unvaccinated
On Ventilation - Vaccinated/Unvaccinated
Deaths Vaccinated/Unvaccinated.

Cheers.

You've been provided with these time and time again but you obviously get a kick out of this desperately contrarian character you play on here.

Because of the vaccine mate. Have you forgotten about that little detail. The game has changed, therefore the strategy has.

Who thinks that like mate. I've never heard or read where anyone has said that will happen. Most people acknowledge that covid will be around for a long time.
The vaccines aren't preventing the sudden and irreversible rise of infections unfortunately.

They are stopping people dying which is obviously amazing. But they're not doing enough to protect the economy without further action.

The stakes have changed thankfully, theres less immediate lives on the line. But the consequences of letting the virus maintain its trajectory is going to result in key services in total jeopardy, which will cost lives further down the line.
Sorry I meant there's not a solution the government are going to implement around that issue

I agree that there are solutions. But that's academic if the Government don't implement them.

Last edited:

Back