22nd October Stats

The vaccines aren't preventing the sudden and irreversible rise of infections unfortunately.

They are stopping people dying which is obviously amazing. But they're not doing enough to protect the economy without further action.

The stakes have changed thankfully, theres less immediate lives on the line. But the consequences of letting the virus maintain its trajectory is going to result in key services in total jeopardy, which will cost lives further down the line.

Sorry I meant there's not a solution the government are going to implement around that issue

I agree that there are solutions. But that's academic if the Government don't implement them.

So what would you like to see implemented in the next week or so?

I’m in this category and I’ve never had covid. What am I being blamed for ?
He's saying that those who dispense with, or argue against social distancing and mask wearing are allowing the spread and numbers to rise.

The risk of becoming infected greatly drops to around 1 in 10 but it has no ready brek superpowers.

There is also strong evidence that the nasal droplets produced in an infected double vaccinated person is vastly reduced after vaccination initially but wanes to almost normal unvaccinated levels 3 months after last jab.

You may have had covid and thanks to the vaccine been asymptomatic and thus an unwitting speader.
This puts more strain on the NHS.

In short countries who haven't solely used vaccination programs as their joker have fared extremely well.

It's a pretty damning state of affairs that in a rich democratic western state elective surgery is becoming a luxury.

Doesn't look anywhere as bad now does it?

Imagine how we would've felt in Jan this year if we'd seen that. It would have seemed like pure fantasy, especially with months of life without restriction thrown in.

Doesn't look anywhere as bad now does it?
See that, what you might consider a small blip, at the end?

It's not getting any smaller.

You won't see it on equivalent charts on France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Italy.

It's pushing the NHS back to breaking point. They can't crack on with cancer operations and other surgeries deemed less important but were taken for granted that were put on hold.

That little blip is a stain on our Government and those who nonchalantly say it's all over.

It's a cancer and unless we deal with it in a professionally competent manner and talk about it in a grown up way instead of the puerile, politicisation we embark on then it will grow.

Last edited:
Imagine how we would've felt in Jan this year if we'd seen that. It would have seemed like pure fantasy, especially with months of life without restriction thrown in.
It looks more or less exactly the same as last year at this point.

You won't see it on equivalent charts on France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Italy.

It's pushing the NHS back to breaking point. They can't crack on with cancer operations and other surgeries deemed less important but were taken for granted that were put on hold.

That little blip is a stain on our Government and those who nonchalantly say it's all over.

It's a cancer and unless we deal with it in a professionally competent manner and talk about it in a grown up way instead of the puerile, politicisation we embark on then it will grow.
We're coming into winter though, so of course it's going to grow.

Apart from mask wearing how would you tackle this?

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/two-thirds-young-adults-hospital-did-not-get-covid-vaccine

Anyone not getting vaccinated is a cretin and a stain on society. I hope to f that the government starts locking you out of any public leisure facility.

India have just over 20% double jabbed yet they don’t have figures anywhere near what should be expected if you compare them to us.

Do yourself a favour and stop using the mainstream media and lose your unsubstantiated anger.

Stay safe, count to 10, have a wank.

Apart from mask wearing how would you tackle this?
Just cut and paste what other countries are doing it really isn't difficult or burdensome.

- Vaccination passports.

I arrive at my local in France, the barman flashes my qr code and pulls a pint. Takes 10 secs. And also a bonus, I get to live another day knowing that while the CIA plots my pubcrawls the pub stays open for punters and staff.

- Masks at any mass gathering including football, concerts as well as offices etc.

I wear mine when I'm on the metro and I get to relive the real hardships of people in WW2 by pretending I'm putting up with a gas mask while questioning my liberties taken at the expense of collective effort.

- Vaccination of 12-15 year olds right now.

We said we were world beating. International class does it week in week out. So prove it.

- Stop whingeing and twisting minor hardships into attacks on freedoms. Evokees of Second World War - just f***ing pack it in. It's embarrassing. You've missed the point. It was about curtailing minor liberties for the benefit of everyone beating a common enemy with brains, brawn and backbone.

The selfish crybabies today are showing non of that. Alas that sort of despicable behaviour comes from the top so I despair for the UK.

Last edited:
Just cut and paste what other countries are doing it really isn't difficult or burdensome.

- Vaccination passports.

I arrive at my local in France, the barman flashes my qr code and pulls a pint. Takes 10 secs. And also a bonus, I get to live another day knowing that while the CIA plots my pubcrawls the pub stays open for punters and staff.

- Masks at any mass gathering including football, concerts as well as offices etc.

I wear mine when I'm on the metro and I get to relive the real hardships of people in WW2 by pretending I'm putting up with a gas mask while questioning my liberties taken at the expense of collective effort.

We said we were world beating. International class does it week in week out. So prove it.

- Stop whingeing and twisting minor hardships into attacks on freedoms. Evokees of Second World War - just f***ing pack it in. It's embarrassing. You've missed the point. It was about curtailing minor liberties for the benefit of everyone beating a common enemy with brains, brawn and backbone.

The selfish crybabies today are showing non of that. Alas that sort of despicable behaviour comes from the top so I despair for the UK.

I wouldn't be averse to vaccine passports but when it comes to masks whats you end game? When would you deem them unnecessary?

- Vaccination passports.

Viva la France.

--

- Vaccination passports.

Are you going to the match today? If so are you going to sit wearing a mask all game ?

So what would you like to see implemented in the next week or so?
Masks, social distancing, indoor limits, track and trace. Walk it back up the Tiers basically.

Better to try that now than have a certain lockdown in 3 weeks time surely
--

Are you going to the match today? If so are you going to sit wearing a mask all game ?
I sit with a mask on for about 6 hours a day in my job and have done for 18 months now.

Any grown adult who thinks doing so is a hardship (unless of course they have a genuine
medical condition which would make their life hard, but there's not many of those) has no right to ever question the mettle of any person in any situation ever again. Children have managed it without making as much fuss as adults do on here daily. It's the easiest "sacrifice" required to preserve life and social wellbeing in human history.

Last edited:

Back