22nd October Stats

The same people who check for age related ID's & if folk are pissed or not

It's not exactly a time consuming thing over & above what they're meant to be doing anyway

we’re using vax passports now. We went for dinner last night. The same person who checked our booking also checked our vax status at the same time, added about 5 seconds to the process.

A nightclub

Doorman: You got a passport?
Punter 1: Ere ya go pal.
Doorman: Do you think you've got Covid.
Punter 1: Probably, my 5 brothers are antivaccers.
Doorman: In you go, passports come before logic.
Punter 2: I've not been jabbed but I've had Covd. My antibody count is very high so even better than the vaccine...here's all the evdence, including a photo of me on a respirator.
Doorman: Sorry mate, the science comes before logic.

That doesn't really work though. A COVID passport that you qualify for with prior infection only, will mean that some people then seek to be infected with COVID. That could be just a few thousand people, or it could be hundreds of thousands.

It also does nothing about the less reliable antibody protection from infection alone, doesn't address the fact that prior infection and vaccination is very protective, or that part of the reason for vaccine passports is to encourage vaccination uptake, because vaccination is the best protection against hospitalisation.

The bigger picture is so often ignored when people seek loopholes for themselves.

we're letting the unvaccinated riff raff join us in the pub after December 1st if they behave themselves. personally i'd make them wait until the new year
At the earliest.
I'm liking Dan Andrews approach to the unvaccinated filth.
"What we are moving away from is instead of locking people down we are locking people out"

You don't know what they are admitted to emergency care for.
If someone cuts their hand badly it doesn't matter if they're vaccinated or not.
The majority of those on that table are double jabbed, the highest percentages of those not vaccinated are in the less at risk groups anyway.

I'm not all over the shop, it looks to me like you look at the figures without actually analysing them.

I bet you've not even bothered to see what the percentages of vaccinated and unvaccinated actually are.
:lol:
Not really sure why your fixating on percentages? They're irrelevant to your original point, hence my remark of being all over the shop

If you're using percentage as some kind of analysis then you'd have to tally them up with the numbers of vaccinated and unvaccinated in each sample which then gives you the numbers in the last two columns.

You posted the same nonsense in September with the previous figures. You can't look at percentages whilst not acknowledging the sample size each come from! You'd be statistically illiterate to do so.

I guess you could use the percentages to show how much hospital admissions would reduce if everyone was vaccinated? What did your percentages tell you about that? FWIW the last figures I posted showed a 23% reduction.

The differences between rates of admission are statistically significant (U=15 Z=-1.73285 p=0.04182). So what conclusions can we make from that?
The two most likely are either the vaccine prevents you from Covid very well, or the vaccine prevents you from needing admission to hospital for any reason, which would be amazing!

Back