22nd October Stats

I don't want to pay for food for the rest of my life but I expect that will continue to be the arrangement

There's bigger forces in life besides what a person wants

I'm afraid it's obvious whats going to happen if the Government continue to delay. Literally happened three f***ing times in the last year- delayed making a decision because they didn't want to, which made the outcome more prolonged and worse for everyone.

How many f***ing times will grown adults continue to believe that the same action will have different consequences

How is it the same action when we didnt have a effective vaccine last year?

If you look back at last year, there were small peaks, small troughs; on the longer term upward curve. It's not easy to explain why these small troughs and peaks take place.. The wizards will come on and speak so confidently about something they know little about, but really it's just not easy to explain. Just like last year there was a lull and now we're seeing an increase again.

'Last year it really took off at the beginning of December, so whatever is happening now it is not as bad as it is going to get.

Clearly the vaccines will reduce the severity when compared with last year: what we don't know is by how much.

Bollocks. The virus is spread by people sharing the same air in an enclosed space. Wear a mask and stand in a different place and you're helping. Only those who can't be bothered to do that think they are somehow not part of spreading the virus and indirectly handing someone a death sentence.

'Same people to me. In fact, at least those who don't want the virus may have legitimate reasons such as safety grounds. Those who can't be bothered to stand in a different place simply can't be bothered. Even a bairn can turn up for BCG. Just because you've turned up somewhere for a few minutes to get a needle in your arm doesn't mean you care, and certainly doesn't put you in a position to get on your high horse about the unvaccinated.

Are you going to the match tomorrow?

I can see the argument for, and agree with, the use of vaccine passports.

As for the rest - table service, masks and social distancing - I honestly can't see them coming back now.

With the majority of the country fully-vaccinated, I just don't see there being enough of an appetite - either politically, economically, or in the population as a whole - for those levels of restrictions being reinstated.
That's me in a nutshell. It is either an indefinite period of rolling winter lockdowns and restrictions for all, or an imposition of winter vaccine passports. The vaccine gives certainty that life as far as possible can be back to normal - it isn't ideal but those who have spent the last 18 months encouraging sufficient numbers not to get the vaccine will only have themselves to blame. If they'd made a personal choice and stuck to it maybe it wouldn't come to this.

Who could have sympathy for the clowns hijacking the hospital in Colchester earlier in the week?

Not great considering that it’s still 15 degrees outside and winter has effectively not yet kicked in.

All about the hospital number now really and NHS capacity. We are already resigned that deaths from Covid are likely to rise. But can we have another winter of only focussing on it and not the wider huge care backlog or other diagnosis a d treatment.

If the hospitals are swamped it’s not just Covid deaths it’s the impact on any other wider health service

Pardon my ignorance here, genuine question, how will winter impact things? I can't see the cases going up as a transmission is just transmission, so will it just be deaths hospital admissions etc that will rise?

Pardon my ignorance here, genuine question, how will winter impact things? I can't see the cases going up atransmission is just transmission, so will it just be deaths hospital admissions etc that will rise?
The more testing you do the more cases you find, this is why UK appears heavy on the cases but you have to factor in the amount of testing. Either way since time immemorial winter is the time lots of elderly and very sick people pass away.

The more testing you do the more cases you find, this is why UK appears heavy on the cases but you have to factor in the amount of testing. Either way since time immemorial winter is the time lots of elderly and very sick people pass away.
I thought that would be it.

Awful really, hopefully the government introduces mandatory face masks again as realistically without taking a significant economic hit I can't see any other options that will slow the spread (albeit not at a large rate).

Pardon my ignorance here, genuine question, how will winter impact things? I can't see the cases going up as a transmission is just transmission, so will it just be deaths hospital admissions etc that will rise?

It’s universally recognised all respiratory viruses are worse in winter. Think flu, it barely even registers in sunmer

Your immune system is weaker in the winter months - a comparative lack of Vitamin D being one of the reasons. Plus people congregate indoors a lot more cos of the weather so viruses spread quicker than in the open air where the ventilation is obviously much better

How is it the same action when we didnt have a effective vaccine last year?
If you're looking at solving any problem, you need to respond to the f***ing problem right? The problem is occurring in spite of the things supposed to prevent the problem.

If Sunderland bought a striker because the problem was scoring goals, and then we got to mid season and we're having issues scoring goals, the solution to scoring goals obviously wouldn't be adequate. The intention behind it means fuck all if its not working to stop the problem.

Prior to all of the lockdowns, the action was to delay for any number of reasons, but the theory was that the problem wasn't bad enough to require a change in behaviour, even though the evidence demonstrated the problem was getting worse, and any mature adult knows that if you change nothing, then, well, pretty f***ing obviously, nothing changes. Every delay on action prior touchdowns was based on the theory that we would do nothing to alter the current situation, and somehow, something would change.

Exactly the same scenario again.

The vaccines are amazing. But the problem is they're not amazing enough to protect the country at the level it requires while in such a shattered and fucked state.

Your immune system is weaker in the winter months - a comparative lack of Vitamin D being one of the reasons. Plus people congregate indoors a lot more cos of the weather so viruses spread quicker than in the open air where the ventilation is obviously much better
Fair points, certainly re vit D, but we've had a summer of indoor events and pubs etc, etc and little interference from the bug. In a country of 68 million we should have seen much more activity over the summer IMO.

Back