2020 Local Cricket Rumours & Transfers

Alex Simpson from Newcastle (relegated last season) to Burnmoor (champions last season) as they haven’t managed to replace their pro from last season. Think Simpson used to be at Eppleton but he is currently at uni in Cardiff so not sure how that will effect his availability.

Alex Simpson from Newcastle (relegated last season) to Burnmoor (champions last season) as they haven’t managed to replace their pro from last season. Think Simpson used to be at Eppleton but he is currently at uni in Cardiff so not sure how that will effect his availability.
If you played for Burnmoor you would seriously be pissed off with them continuously bringing in new players. Surely the lads playing 2nd team will wonder why they bother as never get a look in. Unless they are happy just plodding along

If you played for Burnmoor you would seriously be pissed off with them continuously bringing in new players. Surely the lads playing 2nd team will wonder why they bother as never get a look in. Unless they are happy just plodding along
Can they raise 11 players for the seconds?

Anyone who is involved at any level of a club able to shed an insight into what’s going to happen with paid players and especially overseas pros for the coming season? With it likely to be reduced are any players demanding their agreed sum despite global circumstances? I’m assuming most overseas won’t travel even once travel bans are lifted..?

Anyone who is involved at any level of a club able to shed an insight into what’s going to happen with paid players and especially overseas pros for the coming season? With it likely to be reduced are any players demanding their agreed sum despite global circumstances? I’m assuming most overseas won’t travel even once travel bans are lifted..?
No one will get a penny unless a game is played. And if any player requests to be paid they should be named and shamed and embarrassed to take any money out of clubs.

Most clubs will be lucky to reopen their bars after this. Going hit a few really hard even with the ECB Grant's and government support

We pay on performance, no play no pay. Our Aussie wants to come if there is a decent number of fixtures. We shall see.

If we can't get any significant number of games I would like to see the leagues and clubs come together to say no promotion/relegation this year. If its only a month or so we have to go at come up with a regional competition, maybe groups of 6 and a round robin (could be saturdays and/or midweeks) with a knockout at the end.

No prize money, just an opportunity for a game of cricket and to get some people in the clubs. Ideally clubs don't pay anyone (especially with no prize money/league movement) and can get back on their feet filling the bar and making a few quid.

Who knows, it may even get local cricket back played in the spirit it should be.

If we can't get any significant number of games I would like to see the leagues and clubs come together to say no promotion/relegation this year. If its only a month or so we have to go at come up with a regional competition, maybe groups of 6 and a round robin (could be saturdays and/or midweeks) with a knockout at the end.

No prize money, just an opportunity for a game of cricket and to get some people in the clubs. Ideally clubs don't pay anyone (especially with no prize money/league movement) and can get back on their feet filling the bar and making a few quid.

Who knows, it may even get local cricket back played in the spirit it should be.

Good post mate any game of cricket will do me

If that’s a sponsorship why would they turn the cash down?

I am only half joking mate, it’s the adding on the oval at the end made that makes me laugh, like Adelaide or Kensington oval, could it not be called the Elopa ground, or Elopa Village cricket ground.
I played against Burnmoor for over twenty five years and never once heard anyone, from their club or any other, call their ground the Oval.

Exactly, that’s my point,must have played there at least 30 times and never heard that either, but like a lot of Village cricket teams who have reached the dizzy heights of the NEPL, all of a sudden their call their bloke who trains the players directors of coaching, and their grounds oval on the end

I am only having a bit of a laugh, but find it prentendious as owt!

Last edited:
I am only half joking mate, it’s the adding on the oval at the end made that makes me laugh, like Adelaide or Kensington oval, could it not be called the Elopa ground, or Elopa Village cricket ground.

Exactly, that’s my point,must have played there at least 30 times and never heard that either, but like a lot of Village cricket teams who have reached the dizzy heights of the NEPL, all of a sudden their call their bloke who trains the players directors of coaching, and their grounds oval on the end

I am only having a bit of a laugh, but find it prentendious as owt!
😂 It's not even oval shaped, more like a squashed opal fruit.

Back