2020 Local Cricket Rumours & Transfers

Kibblesworth will not not be entering a team in the 2020 season and have potentially folded altogether. A real shame another club has gone.

Div 5 DNECL will now have 10 teams as a result

Kibblesworth will not not be entering a team in the 2020 season and have potentially folded altogether. A real shame another club has gone.

What a shame. Seem to lose a couple of clubs each season now. Who owns their ground? Hopefully they can come back I'm 2021

Sad to hear another club has folded however I won't be sad about having to dodge pop bottles / broken glass / random dog crap on their pitch.

They try their best but it's so hard with an open ground.

It’s sad to see this happening year after year, need more kids to take up the game or where will local cricket be in 30 years time.

The new set up defintely the way to go with teams struggling to get second eleven teams out.

Football has become too big imo, years ago clear distinction cricket in the summer football in the winter with slight overlap.

It’s just football football nowadays,

It’s sad to see this happening year after year, need more kids to take up the game or where will local cricket be in 30 years time.

The new set up defintely the way to go with teams struggling to get second eleven teams out.

Football has become too big imo, years ago clear distinction cricket in the summer football in the winter with slight overlap.

It’s just football football nowadays,

The trend mightn’t be as dramatic as you think. From what I know going into 2020...

Philadelphia -1
Kibblesworth -1
Whiteleas -1
Greenside -1
South Shields +1
Hylton +1
Seaham Park +1
Newcastle City +1

Saturday leagues suffering a bit, Sunday leagues growing a bit.

The trend mightn’t be as dramatic as you think. From what I know going into 2020...

Philadelphia -1
Kibblesworth -1
Whiteleas -1
Greenside -1
South Shields +1
Hylton +1
Seaham Park +1
Newcastle City +1

Saturday leagues suffering a bit, Sunday leagues growing a bit.

It’s not just the actual teams been put out as well, it’s some results as some really struggling and games become a mismatch.

Apologies if I’ve got the wrong bloke but did I not watch a 2nd team you were in get bowled out for 21 a generation ago? 😉

Aye but most of the lads were down Blackpool that weekend watching England beat Spain in Euro 96!

I should have gone with them, still managed to watch the England game though, always a positive in everything even get bowled out for 21 :D

What a shame. Seem to lose a couple of clubs each season now. Who owns their ground? Hopefully they can come back I'm 2021
They lost four key players, so was going to be a struggle. Council owned and maintained ground, believe one of the issues was council removing all maintenance. So lacking equipment and a groundsman. Fingers crossed they can come back. Canny bunch of lads.

Is that confirmed Eddy? Heard nowt from league except that they'd resigned.

Last edited:
They lost four key players, so was going to be a struggle. Council owned and maintained ground, believe one of the issues was council removing all maintenance. So lacking equipment and a groundsman. Fingers crossed they can come back. Canny bunch of lads.

Is that confirmed Eddy? Heard nowt from league except that they'd resigned.
In terms of league setup its not been confirmed but cant see it changing.

Back