2020 Local Cricket Rumours & Transfers

They lost four key players, so was going to be a struggle. Council owned and maintained ground, believe one of the issues was council removing all maintenance. So lacking equipment and a groundsman. Fingers crossed they can come back. Canny bunch of lads.

I guess that's the only downside of fielding one team. Little slack when you lose a couple of players and more chance of conceeding games during busy weeks in the summer where clashes with events.

Are teams giving the easy option of just dropping a side?

Also from a ground maintenance point if view, can see the rationale of lack of investment on a ground where you will be lucky to play 8 games on in a season. L

As long as I've know Kibblesworth theyve only had one side. Good bunch of lads, but like you say if that core group fails there is no fall back.

The ground was a colliery welfare, with a newish pavilion (still used by bowls club) but the tennis courts, football pitch and new cricket pitch are all out of use). Personally think it's a bit crap of the council to drop this sort of thing on a club. Would be better to consult and help etc.

Arran Halliday, Lewis Donnelly (Both Lanchester), Anthony Hornby (Percy Main) all to Annfield Plain alongside a Saffa Amatuer.

Greg Patterson (Shotley), Josh Renton (Tynedale) and Luke McCabe (Leadgate) all to Lanchester.

Ian Stubbs (Newcastle City) to Backworth.

Mohtashim Ali not returning to Ryton, Aamir the Journeyman Sohail (Ryton) to Blue Flames.

As long as I've know Kibblesworth theyve only had one side. Good bunch of lads, but like you say if that core group fails there is no fall back.

The ground was a colliery welfare, with a newish pavilion (still used by bowls club) but the tennis courts, football pitch and new cricket pitch are all out of use). Personally think it's a bit crap of the council to drop this sort of thing on a club. Would be better to consult and help etc.
Remember playing there in NEDCL and the council hadn’t even bothered to cut a strip. Poor from the council to drop this as it kills clubs.
Hope they can get sorted and come back.

Was that for HCWCC? If so, it was absolutely mental. It was my first game back after a few years out, seen the pitch and thought what am I doing? How can anyone bat on that?

Naturally, I was run out

Yep. We lost narrowly I think.

Onions looks like he’s going to play a bit for Gateshead Fell based on their social media release today.

Last edited:
Yep. We lost narrowly I think.

Onions looks like he’s going to play a bit for Gateshead Fell based on their social media release today.

Marcus North also registered with the Fell so it’ll be interesting to see what availability they get out of those two - North was good to watch a couple of years ago when he was in his role at South North and playing there

He up for playing this year mate

Hope so marra, will see how the old bones hold up.. if I do I reckon we might have another spectator/helper with an incredibly camp dog in attendance...

Seeing a rheumatologist at the min and getting all sorts of tests done so will see what she says.. might have to shorten my run up a bit and now my place in gully is firmly cemented I reckon I could squeeze one last season... ;):D

Hope so marra, will see how the old bones hold up.. if I do I reckon we might have another spectator/helper with an incredibly camp dog in attendance...

Seeing a rheumatologist at the min and getting all sorts of tests done so will see what she says.. might have to shorten my run up a bit and now my place in gully is firmly cemented I reckon I could squeeze one last season... ;):D

Be good to catch up mate

Sound like you might have lost a yard of pace tho ...;)

Back