**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Got myself a new winter bike btw...
The old one had finally become more costly to sort out than replacing :rolleyes:

Summer training bike going to need replacing at some point( hope this can last till after the winter)

The old one had finally become more costly to sort out than replacing :rolleyes:

Summer training bike going to need replacing at some point( hope this can last till after the winter)

Tempted to get a new roadie on the cycle to work scheme....Allez elite is coming up 4 year old. Keep seeing people with nice newer bikes better than mine :neutral:

Tempted to get a new roadie on the cycle to work scheme....Allez elite is coming up 4 year old. Keep seeing people with nice newer bikes better than mine :neutral:
Frame on my summer bike is about 23 years old. Groupset is over 10 years old. I might buy another/more bike/s but never going to replace it.

Dilemma is mudguards...new bike has got mudguard mounts but still tempted to go with Crud/SKE clip ons.

The proper mudguards are just so Fugly :eek:

WTF are you doing to bikes that they cost more to fix than to replace???
What did you get then?

In a desperate attempt to regain fitness of a man 30 years younger I now have a 93" gear and clip-ons on the old fixie. How do you know if you've had one of them mini heart attack thingies?

WTF are you doing to bikes that they cost more to fix than to replace???
What did you get then?

In a desperate attempt to regain fitness of a man 30 years younger I now have a 93" gear and clip-ons on the old fixie. How do you know if you've had one of them mini heart attack thingies?

lack of maintenance doesn't help mind, weighed up the cost of the repairs( shifters, rear mech and wheels had seen better days)
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRT58V2RIV22/planet-x-rt-58-v2-alloy-sram-rival-22-road-bike

this colour but in the new Tiagra 10 speed groupset( bought Conti Hardshell gatorskins for it mind)

lack of maintenance doesn't help mind, weighed up the cost of the repairs( shifters, rear mech and wheels had seen better days)
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRT58V2RIV22/planet-x-rt-58-v2-alloy-sram-rival-22-road-bike

this colour but in the new Tiagra 10 speed groupset( bought Conti Hardshell gatorskins for it mind)

why for a winter bike would you look any further than whatever smashing deal decathlon have - which is currently this (when its back in stock of course)

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/ultra-7...&ranSiteID=.S9HbpJ9.ts-AA6klknA0t1gYIeuSDbpzw

Toss up between one of the decathlon bikes and PX( Missus bought me it and she's bought bikes from PX before so guessing that's why.....bought as a surprise so can't complain ;))

I think that if I felt I had the spare cash I would rebuild my winter bike on a Kinesis frame. Currenly I use a Dolan Preffisio, which is fine but a bit of a harsh ride for my old bones.

I think that if I felt I had the spare cash I would rebuild my winter bike on a Kinesis frame. Currenly I use a Dolan Preffisio, which is fine but a bit of a harsh ride for my old bones.

In the past my winter bikes have been cannabalised from other bikes.Was going to do the same, but the value iPod the likes of planet x and b twin etc makes it a no brainer really

Managed to do another 10 this week. This time I was beaten out of sight by two blokes wot only have one leg each, and a lass on a tricycle! They are national paralympic squad riders like, but still.

Managed to do another 10 this week. This time I was beaten out of sight by two blokes wot only have one leg each, and a lass on a tricycle! They are national paralympic squad riders like, but still.

If Colin Lynch you're in good company...he beat me once( not that difficult)

If Colin Lynch you're in good company...he beat me once( not that difficult)
Jody Cundy & Colin Lynch. 22:15 & 22:18
The GB para coach complimented me on my retro chic approach with steel frame, fixed gear & slicked back aero hair :)

Jody Cundy & Colin Lynch. 22:15 & 22:18
The GB para coach complimented me on my retro chic approach with steel frame, fixed gear & slicked back aero hair :)

Thought you'd initially said " black" hair :eek:

Given you're the Grecian 2000 model ( showing my age as well) nearly choked on my coffee....:lol:

Suppose getting beat of those two ain't too bad...what was your time btw ;)

Back