**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Thought you'd initially said " black" hair :eek:

Given you're the Grecian 2000 model ( showing my age as well) nearly choked on my coffee....:lol:

Suppose getting beat of those two ain't too bad...what was your time btw ;)
Ha- I knew you'd ask the embarrassing question. It was a bit better than the last one but I've got a long way to go. I did 28:23. Still around 30sec outside my standard time, so that's my first target - although seeing as it's my birthday next week that brings it about 10sec closer
I am taking the old school approach to building strength by running a biggish gear and apply rule 5. But I'm not back to full strength yet so I have trouble holding it up inclines at the moment and was going backwards in the last couple of miles.

Great couple of days racing at the Dauphine, Fugslang in his best ever form, Porte looking formidable but his team not so good and Froome looking like he was work to do before the Tour

How many days are needed to do John O'groats to Lands End?
I've got about 10 days free in a couple off weeks and fancy it. Last light isn't till 11.20 in the highlands so can ride into the night if needed.

Planning to do it on a standard road bike with a small backpack to add to the rashness.

I've got about 10 days free in a couple off weeks and fancy it. Last light isn't till 11.20 in the highlands so can ride into the night if needed.

Planning to do it on a standard road bike with a small backpack to add to the rashness.
I know someone who's planning to do it in five days at the end of June but he is slightly crazy

Maybe people will have seen this already but, hey ... http://road.cc/content/news/224205-video-cyclists-stumble-across-couple-going-it-hammer-and-tongs

http://road.cc/content/news/224232-sussex-cyclists-attempt-john-ogroat-lands-end-less-48-hours

Last edited:
Was very warm. Didn't plan well, I did 53 but only had one bottle of water and no other fuel. Route was great but didn't pass any shops, was running on empty at 40 when I finally got to a garden centre and bought some more water and a can of Red Bull. Lesson learnt.

Has any of you lads cycled in Majorca? Just debating which resort to stay in. What a mixture of coast, plains and hills. 3 days cycling intended.

Has any of you lads cycled in Majorca? Just debating which resort to stay in. What a mixture of coast, plains and hills. 3 days cycling intended.

Been 7 times...f***ing cycling nirvana

Port alcudia all my stays or pollenca
Both near the mountains.
Give me a shout if you need suggestions for bike hire or routes

Would normally be out there September if a certain twat hadnt duffed it ;)

Been 7 times...f***ing cycling nirvana

Port alcudia all my stays or pollenca
Both near the mountains.
Give me a shout if you need suggestions for bike hire or routes

Would normally be out there September if a certain twat hadnt duffed it ;)
Thanks.

Bike hire and routes needed. Do you normally hire a car too?

Just done the SMB C2C Possibly the hottest ever which was ideal, having done it on monsoons and hail storms etc. Waskerley way in that weather, in fact all of the descents, were cycling heaven.

Back