**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'd be tempted if it is, was tempted last year but it clashed with something

altho after looking at the route i think it'd be a better ride in reverse...but thats just me
Same with me. It was the day after I got back from holiday.

Right lads a question regarding compatibility....

Kristina has left it so long between changing chains that it not only needs a new cassette ( which I knew it would so I've done that) but a new front chainring.

None to be had anywhere...either online from all the big wholesalers or even shops ( Shimano not shipping anywhere for weeks yet)

Basically I've tracked down a shimano 105 11 speed chainring...,will this be compatible with ultegra DI2 ?
Not sure if the DI2 would make any difference ?

Cheers

Kristina has left it so long between changing chains that it not only needs a new cassette ( which I knew it would so I've done that) but a new front chainring.

None to be had anywhere...either online from all the big wholesalers or even shops ( Shimano not shipping anywhere for weeks yet)

Basically I've tracked down a shimano 105 11 speed chainring...,will this be compatible with ultegra DI2 ?

Cheers

both 11 speed??, should be fine

although wont look as nice as the ultegra cranks are slightly prettier than 105

but who does'nt like a frankenstein bike - my roadie has an 8 speed cassette, with a 10 speed 105 rd using a 9 speed chain

:)

Cheers
I have a 105 52-36 172.5 chain set with about 100 miles on it, if you want to try it? It shouldn't make a difference, spacing etc. is the same.

both 11 speed??, should be fine

although wont look as nice as the ultegra cranks are slightly prettier than 105

but who does'nt like a frankenstein bike - my roadie has an 8 speed cassette, with a 10 speed 105 rd using a 9 speed chain

:)

Yeah the more I've looked at it it should be ok....will look odd ( different colours) but cheaper as well as more important being available

I have a 105 52-36 172.5 chain set with about 100 miles on it, if you want to try it? It shouldn't make a difference, spacing etc. is the same.

Would only need the front ring....will bear it in mind cheers..it is the 52t I'd need

Last edited:
Yeah the more I've looked at it it should be ok....will look odd ( different colours) but cheaper as well as more important being available

Would only need the front ring....will bear it in mind cheers..it is the 52t I'd need
Rings are there, but you're more than welcome to the whole chain set. Much easier to change over etc.

Rings are there, but you're more than welcome to the whole chain set. Much easier to change over etc.

Cheers for offer....will see what missus wants to do.
Think we all agree 5800 and 6800 will be compatible ? Di2 got nowt to do with it has it ?

Cheers
This not do? http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CRSTFC6800/stronglight-chainring-ultegra-fc-6800-11-speed-compatible
Of course if you used a well-known Italian brand in the first place it probably wouldn't have worn out in the first place like innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back