200 best albums of the last 25 years

Loved the bit at the bottom where they broke down the top 10's per gender and top5's per country. Portishead "Third" top album in Ukraine is random ( unless only 3 people from Ukraine voted and they all love Portishead

You can filter by your age etc, as well as being non-US based to see where you fit in to the Pitchfork demographic. Interesting list if very Radiohead centric. Some PJ Harvey lower down and some other good stuff. Metal is underrepresented though again that will be down to the readership.

How many good albums have been released in the last 25 years? In your opinion
Like I said in my post I would struggle to count 20 and probably wouldn’t include any more than 10 of the list that the op alludes to
I don’t see the output of the last 25 years as being in the same stratosphere as the previous 25
Nothing greatly wrong with the more recent stuff but it doesn’t blow my mind in the same way that the previous 50 years did - and in that I include a lot of music made before I was born

Like I said in my post I would struggle to count 20 and probably wouldn’t include any more than 10 of the list that the op alludes to
I don’t see the output of the last 25 years as being in the same stratosphere as the previous 25
Nothing greatly wrong with the more recent stuff but it doesn’t blow my mind in the same way that the previous 50 years did - and in that I include a lot of music made before I was born
That's entirely due to your own age though. Everyone prefers the music they grew up with. It's why most of this forum is trapped in the early 90s.

Didn't see Kings of Convenience on that list. I'd put their first two albums way ahead of the albums I know and like from that list.

That's entirely due to your own age though. Everyone prefers the music they grew up with. It's why most of this forum is trapped in the early 90s.
With respect that’s not the case - Dark Side of the Moon, Ziggy Stardust, Revolver, Pet Sounds to name 4 random albums - all before my time and all four absolutely piss on anything made in the past 25 years
And that’s coming from someone who is neither a Floyd or a Beach Boys fan

I’ve tried my best to embrace newer music but very little stands out for me and I don’t see much in the original list that will be regarded as game changing classics in 25 years time

Back