10 teenagers found guilty of murder in Houghton case

"only one person got themselves involved with serious violence against Jack."

They truly believe this. Scum.
So according to these low-life scumbags....beating a defenseless lad on the ground, whilst wearing a fvcking knuckle-duster ....... DOESN'T constitute serious violence ??

It's unreal the sheer lack of remorse from anyone involved and that JENGbA bitch can fvck right off also.....referring to them as 'innocent children who weren't involved' ??

I'm just glad this case has the outcome it has - quite brave of the judge to hold his nerve - glad they are off the street

Thus might have been covered so apologies if SEB but it’s important to reiterate that Jack was not known to the group before the attack nor could any of the ten explain why they attacked him. That level of sociopathic, amoral behaviour and the level of violence is sick. Jack was in the wrong place at the wrong time and had it not been Jack it would likely have been another unfortunate innocent kid.

The group knew there was one of their mates coming out with a knife and it was obvious they had planned for violence, others had knuckle dusters.

I’m not saying that when teens do bad things it’s 100% the parents fault but in this case given their lack of empathy and shame given their offsprings premeditated violent intentions I’d prefer to make an exception in this case. If this was my kids I’d be looking at what I did wrong rather than try and exonerate the fked up twats

Could have been any of our kids off here, wrong place wrong time.

Just stop and think that night could have been any of us getting the visit from the Police.
Sends a shudder down the spine, not sure if I would have the courage or bravery to carry on if that happened to one of my two.

Need to eradicate these scum bags once and for all.
RIP Jack - puts a tear in my eye does this.

I would gladly take my shot gun and fire at each one of these bastards in front of the parents. Justice and eradicate vermin.

So according to these low-life scumbags....beating a defenseless lad on the ground, whilst wearing a fvcking knuckle-duster ....... DOESN'T constitute serious violence ??

It's unreal the sheer lack of remorse from anyone involved and that JENGbA bitch can fvck right off also.....referring to them as 'innocent children who weren't involved' ??

I'm just glad this case has the outcome it has - quite brave of the judge to hold his nerve - glad they are off the street
Staggering to think that 9 families have put their name to that statement and think their kids weren't part of serious violence. Says a lot about them really.

Staggering to think that 9 families have put their name to that statement and think their kids weren't part of serious violence. Says a lot about them really.

You can bet your bottom dollar when the incident first happened and the details emerged the kids and there families were confident they'd get off very lightly thinking that it wasn't them that plunged the blade in

Last edited:

If they ever release the CCTV someone should post it as the first response to every statement those JENGbA idiots put out.

Unlikely. I'm surprised that some of the sentences were so high as the starting point(under 18 yrs old) for murder(even with a knife) is 12 years.
The judge said the starting point was 14 years.

Judge Jameson told today’s hearing the starting point for sentence for all ten defendants was 14 years, to be adjusted upwards or downwards depending on aggravating and mitigating features in each case.

It needs to be considered that even a Section 18 (GBH with intent) can carry a life sentence.

Last edited:
If they ever release the CCTV someone should post it as the first response to every statement those JENGbA idiots put out.
They'd still find some perverse way of defending it.....saying only ONE of them actually used the knife and the others were mere bystanders, not really 'involved' !

The judge said the starting point was 14 years.

Judge Jameson told today’s hearing the starting point for sentence for all ten defendants was 14 years, to be adjusted upwards or downwards depending on aggravating and mitigating features in each case.

It needs to be considered that even a Section 18 (GBH with intent) can carry a life sentence.
12 years according to the Sentencing Council.

In which case the Judge must have decided that overall the starting point for him in this case was 14 years and already added 2 years on across the board. Interesting that they are not appealing the sentences but the verdicts.
Judges don't get to decide the starting point for sentencing. The must follow the guidelines.

Judges don't get to decide the starting point for sentencing. The must follow the guidelines.

Sentences for murder are in the criminal practice directions and specifically state the judge has ultimate discretion to choose any starting point and any minimum term. So presumably that’s what happened here.

Sentences for murder are in the criminal practice directions and specifically state the judge has ultimate discretion to choose any starting point and any minimum term. So presumably that’s what happened here.
They can't just ignore the guidance though and make up a new starting point. The court would have to state their reasons for departing from the guidance, was that done?

They can't just ignore the guidance though and make up a new starting point. The court would have to state their reasons for departing from the guidance, was that done?
I think it's more likely that the number has been misreported by the newspaper tbh.

Back