10 teenagers found guilty of murder in Houghton case

My whole problem with that is not one of them got a life sentence. When are we going to stop confusing the matter and calling it life. They have actually got very lenient sentences in my eyes. Life is not 15-17 years or whatever it is. Can’t call 8 years a life sentence at 14 years old. 22 when he gets out, he won’t be bothered one bit
Sorry if said earlier, but they all got life sentences but with minimum tariffs. They will be on license for life the knars
You will know some
Can you PM me the names as I used to live in houghton?
They are superb to watch but seem to lose the fact that someone has usually died. When it happens close to home it really makes a difference. I was once in a pub many years ago (just got back from West Brom away). Was a fight between friends, one of the lads left, got a knife from a food shop opposite, came back and stabbed him. He died shortly after. (Not my mates but knew them well)
Middle of Hetton?

Last edited:
Agree. Hetton has its fair share. The kids on bikes who hang around terrorising the Oder people. The lads i know (45-55) would knock the little twats into next week but they would probably be back the next day with another 10. But so does every single village. Fwiw. The two names I know involved are both from easington lane.

Last edited:
Great that they're all paying the piper, the pack of wicked bastards.
Don't hang around in gangs looking for trouble and baying for blood, that poor lad just wanted to get home bless him :cry:.
A great result to be honest, honestly thought most of them would have got off with some shite sentencing, but to do all 10 with murder is a tremendous result for the police & all involved, sends out a clear message!

Wasn't Jack's girlfriend also beaten up?
I'm sure i saw something that said she had her nose broken, was anyone charged with assualting her?
Yes she was.

We were playing a gig in the Britannia as it happened right outside. She came running in covered in blood. A couple of the lasses had attacked her when she tried to defend Jack.

Back