“We are Liverpool, This Means More”...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it depends how you choose to read it - you've chosen to use lots of interpretation that doesn't match the text, that's up to you. I say "terrible disaster", you say "horrific post" - it's perhaps clear to see who has a proportionate use of language. But perhaps to some yours comes across as more PC even if it is such a misinterpretation of my comment.
“I have to admit to a sinking feeling when the Liverpool fans were exonerated of any blame“

go on then, translate it.

and don’t spout “PC” bullshit

“I have to admit to a sinking feeling when the Liverpool fans were exonerated of any blame“

go on then, translate it.

and don’t spout “PC” bullshit

Doesn't need translating, I'm not questioning the findings, though like most have my doubts that the crush outside wasn't a contributory factor, maybe you should have quoted a full sentence though which starts talking about a terrible disaster and the need for lessons to be learned, but when the fans were entirely cleared i have 'admitted' (verb suggesting an element of guilt) that I had, amongst other thoughts, a sinking feeling as I realised that the 'scouse entitlement' had just been given a huge boost as a byproduct of the tragedy- I didn't say I was happy about deaths, had no empathy for the poor relatives or anything of that sort. But the idea that it is still a taboo subject, no - and most seem to agree.

Last edited:
Doesn't need translating, I'm not questioning the findings, though like most have my doubts that the crush outside wasn't a contributory factor, maybe you should have quoted a full sentence though which starts talking about a terrible disaster and the need for lessons to be learned, but when the fans were entirely cleared i have 'admitted' (verb suggesting an element of guilt) that I had, amongst other thoughts, a sinking feeling as I realised that the 'scouse entitlement' had just been given a huge boost as a byproduct of the tradegy- I didn't say I was happy about deaths, had no empathy for the poor relatives or anything of that sort. But the idea that it is still a taboo subject, no - and most seem to agree.
And I’m saying that’s utterly mental. Having a sinking feeling because you can’t apportion blame because of some weird “scouse entitlement” thing is beyond odd

most don’t seem to agree. Don’t let a handful of likes tell you they do
Doesn't need translating, I'm not questioning the findings, though like most have my doubts that the crush outside wasn't a contributory factor, maybe you should have quoted a full sentence though which starts talking about a terrible disaster and the need for lessons to be learned, but when the fans were entirely cleared i have 'admitted' (verb suggesting an element of guilt) that I had, amongst other thoughts, a sinking feeling as I realised that the 'scouse entitlement' had just been given a huge boost as a byproduct of the tradegy- I didn't say I was happy about deaths, had no empathy for the poor relatives or anything of that sort. But the idea that it is still a taboo subject, no - and most seem to agree.
And I’m saying that’s utterly mental. Having a sinking feeling because you can’t apportion blame because of some weird “scouse entitlement” thing is beyond odd

Yes, clearly you are struggling with this, and are determined to make a drama out of it, expanding the context of my words for whatever purpose- no one else seems to have (don't be encouraged by your absence of likes). For clarity it was a terrible disaster which I'm sure no one derived any pleasure from and the enquiries were horrific (correct use of the term, by the way) for the relatives, my comments are obviously a pale shadow of that significance and a completely separate and miniscule context in light of a thread about Scouse culture. That's a given 25 years later and such other minor angles are not taboo anymore. Think it's best left there.

Yes, clearly you are struggling with this, and are determined to make a drama out of it, expanding the context of my words for whatever purpose- no one else seems to have (don't be encouraged by your absence of likes). For clarity it was a terrible disaster which I'm sure no one derived any pleasure from and the enquiries were horrific (correct use of the term, by the way) for the relatives, my comments are obviously a pale shadow of that significance and a completely separate and miniscule context in light of a thread about Scouse culture. That's a given 25 years later and such other minor angles are not taboo anymore. Think it's best left there.
Are you missing the others who have pulled you up?

Whilst I am no lover of Liverpool and the sense of entitlement. You can’t, under any set of circumstances, go to a football match and not ever return home.

it's quite sad that you clearly WANTED them to be at fault hence the sinking feeling.

that says more about you than anyone on the day in question.

Didn't say that, didn't imply that, didn't mean that. Amongst all the other emotions that I'm sure we all shared when the announcement was made, in the context of the OP I 'admitted' to a sinking feeling that the sense of entitlement would be inflamed. Not proud of that, but being honest - as I've explained it was a comment specifically in the context of the OP and a tiny part of my overall reaction to the enquiry findings.

As with Chunky, I didn't and haven't said that and in fact specifically stated I did not question the findings. Clearly for many it is still a taboo subject so no other aspects can be discussed. Your post is, bluntly, slanderous and has not justification for the hideous accusation made in it.

You aren't questioning the findings and yet in the same sentence say 'though like most have my doubts that the crush outside wasn't a contributory factor'. The crush may well have been a contributory factor with Liverpool fans having to get in 23 turnstiles while Forest had 60 turnstiles to get into despite having less fans. The findings (which you say you don't dispute) state that the behaviour and conduct of Liverpool fans that day was no different to any supporters gathering for a game of that magnitude. Certainly a load better than our fans at York that either forced open (or were let into) gates outside the ground due to crushing and then dropped their tickets over the top to ticketless fans outside. I stand by my post entirely as you cant on one had agree with the findings and then on the other suggest they were partly to blame. That is slanderous.

Some right judgemental fuckers on here imagine if we were all judged by the actions of say Hank Williams . Know a fair few Scousers and they're just the same as us down to earth lads who support their local teams some Everton and some Liverpool

Some right judgemental fuckers on here imagine if we were all judged by the actions of say Hank Williams . Know a fair few Scousers and they're just the same as us down to earth lads who support their local teams some Everton and some Liverpool

Couldn't agree more. This board has been full of fuckers slagging of Division 1 Sunderland for recruiting a manager that has had teams promoted from division 1 and then have the cheek to accuse other clubs of being 'self entitled'. We aren't popular amongst a lot of teams in this league (understandably IMO) for exactly the same reason as many on here are accusing Liverpool fans of.

Much as Hillsborough was a terrible disaster and it was important that lessons were learned, I have to admit to a sinking feeling when the Liverpool fans were exonerated of any blame and their actions outside the ground were deemed irrelevant. For decades their sense of entitlement and sheer arrogance has always puzzled and nauseated me in equal measure and an unfortunate byproduct of the enquiries has been the fuelling of this.

You felt bad that it turned out they hadn't killed one another and pissed on / looted dead bodies because they're quite arrogant about their footie?

Leave Hank out of it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back