“We are Liverpool, This Means More”...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Much as Hillsborough was a terrible disaster and it was important that lessons were learned, I have to admit to a sinking feeling when the Liverpool fans were exonerated of any blame and their actions outside the ground were deemed irrelevant. For decades their sense of entitlement and sheer arrogance has always puzzled and nauseated me in equal measure and an unfortunate byproduct of the enquiries has been the fuelling of this.

it's quite sad that you clearly WANTED them to be at fault hence the sinking feeling.

that says more about you than anyone on the day in question.

Much as Hillsborough was a terrible disaster and it was important that lessons were learned, I have to admit to a sinking feeling when the Liverpool fans were exonerated of any blame and their actions outside the ground were deemed irrelevant. For decades their sense of entitlement and sheer arrogance has always puzzled and nauseated me in equal measure and an unfortunate byproduct of the enquiries has been the fuelling of this.

Really difficult to discuss or argue when innocent people lost their lives.
However they struggle to accept that “their” behaviour that awful day was a significant factor. Brushed aside like Heysel.
No point scoring but they struggle to even raise a hint of sorry as it’s always so easy to blame everyone else.
Equally every club has good and bad.
Everyone should come home from a football match and best to leave it at that.

Last edited:
However they struggle to accept that “their” behaviour that awful day was a significant factor. Brushed aside like Heysel.
No point scoring but they struggle to even raise a hint of sorry as it’s always so easy to blame everyone else.

Very well put.

f***ing hell. That’s a horrific post.

a sinking feeling because you wanted someone to be blamed for the death of 96 people

your sheer arrogance both puzzles and nauseates me

I’m sorry mate but your post in itself is more shameful than the actions of their supporters at Hillsborough. What happened at Heysel has absolutely nothing to do with Hillsborough and should never be mentioned in the same argument.

Swindon fans in the milk cup tie against us in 85 were as bad as I’ve seen for the record

Last edited:
I’m sorry mate but your post in itself is more shameful than the actions of their supporters at Hillsborough. What happened at Heysel has absolutely nothing to do with Hillsborough and should never be mentioned in the same argument.

Swindon fans in the milk cup tie against us in 85 were as bad as I’ve seen for the record

No point scoring and as I have said good and bad at every club.
Best to leave it at that as innocent people lost their lives in both tragic events.

f***ing hell. That’s a horrific post.

a sinking feeling because you wanted someone to be blamed for the death of 96 people

your sheer arrogance both puzzles and nauseates me

I suppose it depends how you choose to read it - you've chosen to use lots of interpretation that doesn't match the text, that's up to you. I say "terrible disaster", you say "horrific post" - it's perhaps clear to see who has a proportionate use of language. But perhaps to some yours comes across as more PC even if it is such a misinterpretation of my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back