“We are Liverpool, This Means More”...

Much as Hillsborough was a terrible disaster and it was important that lessons were learned, I have to admit to a sinking feeling when the Liverpool fans were exonerated of any blame and their actions outside the ground were deemed irrelevant. For decades their sense of entitlement and sheer arrogance has always puzzled and nauseated me in equal measure and an unfortunate byproduct of the enquiries has been the fuelling of this.

Much as Hillsborough was a terrible disaster and it was important that lessons were learned, I have to admit to a sinking feeling when the Liverpool fans were exonerated of any blame and their actions outside the ground were deemed irrelevant. For decades their sense of entitlement and sheer arrogance has always puzzled and nauseated me in equal measure and an unfortunate byproduct of the enquiries has been the fuelling of this.
Couldn't agree more.
BTW don't mention Heysel. The scousers seldom do

Think they are arrogant now!? :lol:

wait until the win the bloody thing.
I was 20 when they won it last. I’m nearly 50 now. On that form the 80 year old version of me probably won’t be that arsed. Especially as Anfield Red Bull FC (Ltd) will have been plying their trade in a European league for the best part of two decades and they’ll hold as much relevance as Dortmund or Porto to me :)

I have never understood why their actions were deemed irrelevant.

The people who died weren't pissed up and pushing to get in.

Sadly I think it is all about liability and legal consequences, if it is admitted that the establishment were not in control then the situation is worse as the public believe they are safe in an open street where they have been marshalled to be by stewards and police, so blaming the fans in general for causing a crush outside is really saying - 'we can't cope with football fans in a street'. Blaming a few individuals and system errors draws a line under it and provides an easier explanation.

Back