“There is a very strong chance Juan will be here with me”

We were always playing catch up since about 2003. All the money was to shore up existing debt, stop a decline and make up for previous transfer mistakes. It meant that the jumps in Sky money never helped us. What we need now is to do a Burnley, where the big injection of Sky money is like a lottery win.

But you're absolutely right, what we need is to strengthen everywhere, on and off the field, so that we punch above our weight. We've been punching below our weight
This this this THIS.
As we’re one of the dozen or so biggest clubs in England punching above our weight should become a non stop party. Actually merely punching it for any length of time would be acceptable tbh.

Both Donald and Methven have no emotional attachment to Sunderland. They are 'buying' a debt free club for £40M with a guaranteed off field income of £49M in parachute payments (£35M this season, £14M next).

They are here to make money as well as for the ride. The good news is that the only way they will make money is to have a successful team on and off the pitch.

whilst this is true they do seem like genuine football people so i don't think they'd fuck us over to turn profit.

stewart donald used to write for oxford fanzine as a young lad, things like that give us hope.

plus you never know, we might get under their skin :cool:

whilst this is true they do seem like genuine football people so i don't think they'd fuck us over to turn profit.

stewart donald used to write for oxford fanzine as a young lad, things like that give us hope.

plus you never know, we might get under their skin :cool:

I'm not saying they'd fuck us over. Just telling it like it is. Let's face it Ellis paying off all our debt is the best news. Anything else is a bonus.

Making a bit of coin out of Sunderland will always be a priority of SD & CM but both a proper football fans, if they get this club heading in the right direction then the club will definitely get under their skin....no doubt about it.

Making a bit of coin out of Sunderland will always be a priority of SD & CM but both a proper football fans, if they get this club heading in the right direction then the club will definitely get under their skin....no doubt about it.
and the vast majority of supporters will have no issue whatsoever. They have taken a financial gamble taking us on. If they make money the club will be in a lot lot better position. I hope they make a fortune!

and the vast majority of supporters will have no issue whatsoever. They have taken a financial gamble taking us on. If they make money the club will be in a lot lot better position. I hope they make a fortune!

Same here mate, I've no problem in them making money.

I just have a feeling that it will become more than an investment for them if they get us firing.

If it was the priority then I don’t think they would have waived the porting of the debt.

I’m not naive enough to think their motives are purely philanthropic but I think they’d only be wanting to profit on the right terms for the club (ie the club performing well).

please, please, PLEASE don' be another false dawn ! I couldn't take any more........ :(
the amount of times I've built my hopes up following this club man !!!
everything points in the right direction though, so hey....... let's dare to dream again :cool:

If it was the priority then I don’t think they would have waived the porting of the debt.

I’m not naive enough to think their motives are purely philanthropic but I think they’d only be wanting to profit on the right terms for the club (ie the club performing well).

Aye, I think they're here for the long term as the sky is the limit with us. They know the potential of the club and they seem to get what we're all about, it'll be hard for them to run us without any emotion because we will be getting under their skin already.

Back