“There is a very strong chance Juan will be here with me”

Can't read enough of these positive articles.

Even if this bloke does come on board I do think we will be building a sustainable club not one based on hand outs from the owners, especially for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Maybe the Union Group will be the next club sponsor?

He would be by now if that interested, surely?
Do they need more people involved in the decision making too?

Donald has already said that it's just him and Methven for now to speed up the takeover process. If they'd brought others on board, the league would have to do their own due diligence on all of them, which would slow things down.

Edit: Bollocks, beaten to it.

Does anyone know more background behind why the last Oxford owner chose to sell to Tiger over Sartori (with Donald involved)? The latter of the two seems the better option to me on the face of it.

Oxford United fan Stewart Donald: Why I couldn't say no to Sunderland | Witney Gazette

Sounds promising then, said he got us for pretty much what it was going to cost to buy Oxford the ground etc so he got a canny deal.
He's got an incredible deal, better than winning the lottery!

SAFC lock, stock and barrel for £40m and debt free? If he lives up to his aims and gets us back to the premier league without piling up debt, the club will be very attractive with a net worth to make him potentially a very, very rich man.

He also has the benefit of low supporter expectation at the moment too. It's an amazing opportunity.

Back