“There is a very strong chance Juan will be here with me”

In a nutshell it's because Marco talks complete nonsense on a local radio phone in.

I don't listen but the jist is he doesn't attend games but he has more insight from TV clips than those who do. He supported Moyes throughout his disastrous tenure, basically arguing black was white. He is an agent so he will not criticise the players who have performed woefully during back to back relegations. He has a vested interest and it shows, badly.
Ah, this has passed me by, presumably because me (and most of my Sunderland supporting acquaintances) don't listen to that particular radio station's football related output as they mistrust its motives.

I see SD insists he’ll always have majority, if someone buys in at say 40% what is the benefit? Free loans off said billionaire?
Not having a go by any means but would they not want to swallow a lot of the shares? @Grumpy Old Man
Fun, glory, glamour, watching their team on the telly in a five star hotel bar surrounded by jealous millionaires.....or watching it downstairs in the basement of a five star hotel with the staff on their break. It’s all good.

I think we'll get back to the championship quite quickly. The difficulty will arise in making the transformation from championship to regular top-flight side; something that we've struggled with since the 1950s.

Ellis Shirt invested/wasted £200 million on SAFC, I doubt we'll see the likes again at our club in my lifetime.
I don’t think there are regular top flight sides anymore apart from the obvious.
Us, villa, magsx2, Leeds, Sheff Wed prove that. There’s five of the bakers dozen biggest clubs in English football reet there benn proving it recently.

As already asked by jme. What's Marco done to upset you (and supposedly "most people")?
Most people I know idolise the bloke, full stop.
The only reason they would move if next to him on a train would be because he thighs were taking up too much room.
He tries to wear two incompatible hats at once and talks about games he’s not seen. I don’t go that often mesel so don’t comment on individual incidents........though I would if someone was hoying money at me to do so. Ala Marco.

He's got an incredible deal, better than winning the lottery!

SAFC lock, stock and barrel for £40m and debt free? If he lives up to his aims and gets us back to the premier league without piling up debt, the club will be very attractive with a net worth to make him potentially a very, very rich man.

He also has the benefit of low supporter expectation at the moment too. It's an amazing opportunity.

Are club owners able to take money out of a club whenever they want if they are the owner/ main shareholder or can they only make money when they sell the club? Just in general I mean and not in Sunderlands case. Say if someone bought a club in the championship for 60m and got them to the PL and are then worth 200m, how and when do they make there l money?

I assume owners can't just take out money as it all has to add up on the balance sheet? So is it just a case of when the clubs sold they will make a huge profit?

Also in the case of Man City and clubs with rich owners how are the big transfers funded? Can the owner just put in 50m of his own money at any time to buy a player or does it all have to go through certain channels for the accounts?

There's multi billionaires owning some clubs for whom spending 500m would be like spare change yet that type of spending never happens, due to rules I assume. So there must be ways round it to put large money in the correct way over a number of years?

He’s since sold to Tiger I believe. It seemed at odds with what he was saying when Sartori was interested which is why I was wondering if there was more to him turning down Sartori than has been reported.
It's probably just business I would imagine marra. I suppose it's impossible to tell unless you know the finer details of the deal.

Yes, several times over a billionaire but his wealth pales into insignificance when compared to his father in law.
I think their lasses dad owns Monaco FC and one of the big auction houses like Sotheby’s or Christie’s or Bonhams. Plus one of the high end fashion labels. Also has iirc the most valuable privately owned art collection in the world. Imagine him getting on board if we start going places:lol:. Nivver happen

Back