‘The real story of the takeover’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of them doing podcasts with the likes of Roker Report and WMS but why don't they do interviews with the national media?

Actually just to be fair, more interviews with RR, than WMS, just looked at my Podcast feed, turns out they haven't done one, with WMS since the mid point of last year, July to be honest

Last edited by a moderator:

He's saying that SD used the £30 million from parachute payments to buy the club from ES. So if SD sells up then Armstrong is asking if SD will put that £30 million back into the club. If not then I can see why he's got a beef! :lol:

Imagine that, you've rich enough so OK'd to buy a business. That business is due £30m so you give it to old owner who is already taking a hit so not really spending your own money. You then sell the club on but then don't have to pay the club the £30 million ;)
Mr Armstrong would be well served to keep his trap shut unless he has proof of this. Donald has sued before and I’m pretty sure he would again if he got pissed off enough.

Mr Armstrong would be well served to keep his trap shut unless he has proof of this. Donald has sued before and I’m pretty sure he would again if he got pissed off enough.
Certainly threw his toys out the pram at the time and looking the same now, I would have much preferred him saying who he was involved with, but no, nowt. Just Gordon Armstrong and his Percy piggy bank wanting to buy safc.

Certainly threw his toys out the pram at the time and looking the same now, I would have much preferred him saying who he was involved with, but no, nowt. Just Gordon Armstrong and his Percy piggy bank wanting to buy safc.
As I said mate, he needs to throttle back on the allegations or he may end up having his piggy bank emptied for him. I also found it strange that there was never any mention of who was meant to be in this consortium.

There’s more than a few on this thread who would be well served if they read that mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me at some point when it comes down to it the truth about finances will come out.
What made that story shitty was the personal digs. Investigate journalism my arse, SD, sounds like David Brent, CM wears pink trousers, Connor Bromley got a job to stop him asking questions.
That’s not investigative it’s mud slinging and dirt dredging.

And yet people will still f***ing pick at it......
Spot on, I leave the financial expertise to the likes of GOM, but from what I have read, we were close to Short being forced to put us into administration, which meant starting the campaign in Division 1 with a points deduction and £170m in debt. Then the current owners took the reigns, cleared the debt, got rid of the highly paid dross they had inherited, trimmed the wage bill and operating costs, made a financial commitment to the FL preventing a transfer embargo and introduced a strategic plan that gives a sound foundation to build on all within the space of 12 months. Not bad going for a couple of charlatan chancers. If they make a bob or two along the way, I couldn't give a monkeys, they deserve it for saving our club and yes I know, happy clapper and all that, but believe me I have been through some shite since attending my first game around 1960.

For me at some point when it comes down to it the truth about finances will come out.
What made that story shitty was the personal digs. Investigate journalism my arse, SD, sounds like David Brent, CM wears pink trousers, Connor Bromley got a job to stop him asking questions.
That’s not investigative it’s mud slinging and dirt dredging.
Well put. Joke of an article that i thought oh oh before reading. Read it, then forgot all about it as it is a shit article. SD and CM have told us WAY more about the inside and outs than any daft comic article like that. Don't let it derail us before a big game.

the daily mail has achieved their objective with their article.

you just have to read this thread to prove that

got fans going against each other

click bait at its best

information already in the public domain

draws attention away from this sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back