‘The real story of the takeover’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i guess we will find out sooner or later, of course their is a case to answer and it does go to court, i assume the mods will sticking to the normal rules, we normally have when it comes to that sort of thing etc.
We will yes.
Do the same rules in terms of prejudice apply to libel type court cases as they do to criminal court cases. Genuine question I don’t have a scooby

Amazing we have so many libel lawyers on this site :lol:

Of all the people mentioned in this article, Connor has the most to lose. Reputation is incredibly important in his line of work and he's just starting out.

The flippant references and factual inaccuracies framed as investigative journalism throw doubt on its integrity.

That's par for the course in gutter journalism but if it can be shown they have threatened a young man's livelihood, they are fucked.

We will yes.
Do the same rules in terms of prejudice apply to libel type court cases as they do to criminal court cases. Genuine question I don’t have a scooby

Best to air on the side cautious i would of thought, and keep the forum free of court proceedings until the matter is resolved like they always do, unless its a special case.. like the one we all spoke about back in 2016, with the knowledge that we had to be very careful what we said at the time.

If it's heard before a jury, yes. If it's only a judge, then less so, but still best to be on the safe side.
Fair enough, and cheers

Best to air on the side cautious i would of thought, and keep the forum free of court proceedings until the matter is resolved like they always do, unless its a special case.. like the one we all spoke about back in 2016, with the knowledge that we had to be very careful what we said at the time.
Yeah that’s fair enough

Fair enough, and cheers

Yeah that’s fair enough

Its the common sense perspective of course, but as we have seen over the years with members going to far sometimes it brings around certain punishments, or further action taken, but given what's happened in recent history we are all well aware of the rules at this point.

Its the common sense perspective of course, but as we have seen over the years with members going to far sometimes it brings around certain punishments, or further action taken, but given what's happened in recent history we are all well aware of the rules at this point.
Absolutely it was carnage during the time you mention

Absolutely it was carnage during the time you mention

Yes it indeed it was, i am sure we are all wiser now in the present than we were then, best to let justice take its own course, and wait until we can comment on it, i mean certain events in recent times have occurred that i wanted to post about certain small amount of damages awarded to parters involved in matters relating to Hillsborough i wanted to create a thread about that, but first i asked friends of mine if they thought it a good idea, they suggested not so i didn't post it, you can see the common sense used at that point, which i would suggest is needed when the matters of this case go forward.

Yes it indeed it was, i am sure we are all wiser now in the present than we were then, best to let justice take its own course, and wait until we can comment on it, i mean certain events in recent times have occurred that i wanted to post about certain small amount of damages awarded to parters involved in matters relating to Hillsborough i wanted to create a thread about that, but first i asked friends of mine if they thought it a good idea, they suggested not so i didn't post it, you can see the common sense used at that point, which i would suggest is needed when the matters of this case go forward.
Definitely, it’s a minefield really

I think it'll be asked, its just whether they are then allowed to challenge the answer they are given, or if they have to move on.

Certainly an interesting listen, i just hope RAWA challenge them a bit more at the next meeting, which i am sure they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back