‘The real story of the takeover’

There is no sane person can say they have done more than Short like, he paid off over £100 million quid ma
Short made poor business decisions. Spunked over £100 million and still left the club in deep financial doodoos.
Donald and Methen didn't have that kind of money to waste and their wiser decisions reflect that.

Can't remember Short coming under this level of scrutiny when he bought the club from Drumaville or they when they bought it from Murray. If they've managed to stop the club hemeraging money and then are planning to sell and make a profit, who cares? It shows that they've been successful in sorting the problems out.

Whatever has happened it would have been better if a consortium of fans had been approached to take over the club imo. Would rather the club was run by the fans for the benefit of fans. If that means we became a run of the mill Championship side then so be it. Apart from the Quinn/Phillips period and a short time with Bent/Jones the time in the PL was mainly a grind.
Look at this place. We can’t agree on the colour of shite man.

20000 fans putting in £250 would have been enough by the looks of it.
That’s the thing you see marra. There are hoards of gobshites blabbing off willy nilly. The minute you ask them for some personal commitment their arses will drop and you won’t see them for f***ing dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two possible scenarios here. Firstly, Donald et al are swindlers and are only out to make a quick buck. Secondly, they are football men involved to make the club successful and therefore increase its capital value in the process. This will obviously make them money long term. None of us know which. I like to take people as i find them until they give me reason to doubt them. I have no reason to yet.

I am heartened that they will be questioned along the way and happy that he is attempting to be open and honest. Its a shame when people get personal and question his integrity too much though, with very little proof. I can only think certain fans will be too quick to believe the worst however due to years of disappointment, almost expecting something bad to happen. My position is one of cautious optimism, as it has been from the start. I hope when he sells it is for a fortune as this would surely mean he's done well.

Also, i cant believe short would leave himself vulnerable to being done over. Hes not going to write debt off so someone else can profit from it.

Last edited:
There are two possible scenarios here. Firstly, Donald et al are swindlers and are only out to make a quick buck. Secondly, they are football men involved to make the club successful and therefore increase its capital value in the process. This will obviously make them money long term. None of us know which. I like to take people as i find them until they give me reason to doubt them. I have no reason to yet.

I am heartened that they will be questioned along the way and happy that he is attempting to be open and honest. Its a shame when people get personal and question his integrity too much though, with very little proof. I can only think certain fans will be too quick to believe the worst however due to years of disappointment, almost expecting something bad to happen. My position is one of cautious optimism, as it has been from the start. I hope when he sells it is for a fortune as this would surely mean he's done well.

RAWA are having a meeting with them, so they will get questioned all right no doubt about it... but we have to give owners the benefit of the doubt at the moment, until we have all heard the podcast at least..

All the being in the stands. Having a pint with supporters. People believed he had fallen in love with the club. People think the same with all the boozy antics of the current chairman and his mate.

They will be off as soon as the time is right. And that's fine by me as I understand what is going on. But there will be some who feel like a spurned lover.
When they leave I hope they have made an absolutely massive profit. Because if that’s the case we will be in better shape than we were when they arrived.

Also, i cant believe short would leave himself vulnerable to being done over. Hes not going to write debt off so someone else can profit from it.
Well he could have took option 1 by now if that was the case

Back