Wickham to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling a player for a fair amount isn't good news exactly..... Not like some other transfers where we clearly got big big money. £6.5 is about fair.

Nothing to celebrate at all - our squad is weaker now than it was 3 hours ago.

And might be stronger in 3 hours time ......... the 'out of the blue' nature of this shows that, with a month to go, we know fuck all.

At this time better than wickham and much cheaper bur no potential... But not sure wickham got that

I hear you mate. Wouldnt mind ola for 1.5mil IF he was the second striker bought after getting a class striker in and selling someone too.

Defoe
Class striker
Ola
Fletcher/graham

Doesnt look to shabby that like.

We can afford to lose Wickham more than we can afford to lose Cattermole, Pantilimon or probably PVA. Those are the only players we have who can attract any kind of fee, maybe I'm wrong and there's one or two more. We are only selling him because the finances are bad, and the finances are bad because of the pile of dross we've built up over the years that can't be moved at all.

I think I understand 100% why it's happening but I have no idea why some people are so happy about it.

Are you saying you want to keep him?

All this moaning about potential, I think that's still too much!!
No u misundestood. All the money is interest on the gabbiadiani fee.we are paying them.

Endless potential. Untapped quality. More to come. Will bite us on arse. We will regret it. Shit business by the club. Better than anything else to wear red n white etc etc etc.
Me personally i couldnt give a flying f***ing shit what the deal is. He will never do it here.

Might sound depressing this - but I'm genuinely not suprised.

Frustrated, baffled, yes. Not suprised tbh.

'Same old shit, different day' - there's your new Consectatio Excellentiae
His wage probably used to get 2 players on with.

I honestly only think we will spend his fee too. We wonder why we dont progress and improve?

And might be stronger in 3 hours time ......... the 'out of the blue' nature of this shows that, with a month to go, we know fuck all.

Totally agree mate - I'll celebrate when it's stronger. Right now though we are still shit!

Let's see who we sign - if anyone.

You said he's going to be a very good player, saying he's better than the shite we have upfront does not mean he's gonna be a very good player.

In the PL he scored the same as Fletcher last season and he played 2 more games.

I'm quicker than Defoe, Graham and Fletcher

He doesn't have more talent than Defoe or Fletcher.

Wow he tries hard.

So what makes him potentially very good then?

How many of those games were played out on the left wing?

That's not a justification for selling him.

Yes he does.

'Wow he tries hard' - dont be a f***ing imbecile. It's more than can be said for a vast portion of our squad.

Because he's 22, scored more goals than our other strikers these past two seasons, improved every year, applied determination to his considerable potential.

He is going to be a very good player. Now he's going to a London club he'll have a couple of England caps by the end of the season.

He's our best striker so it was frustrating to see him spend the season out on the left. Having said that if we have money available we can buy better than Wickham. His touch is inconsistent at best, his decision making is atrocious and he wastes a lot of decent openings by shooting from stupid angles and distances. He does still have potential and he'll probably do alright at Palace but I think we can buy better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back