Wickham to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just cant believe we are selling our best striker, most valuable asset to Crystal f***ing Palace. Crystal f***ing Palace.

Id love to know what type of plan this is, what type of future were planning for.

Bit surprising but can't say I'm bothered about any player leaving, as none of them are that good...it's all about the replacements for me and in Sunderlands case, that usually ends up with some one worse than before or nothing at all. Let's hope that's different this time.

None of our strikers are good enough, getting them off the wage bill to bring in better is key.

Whether our squad is better at the end of August because we let Wickham leave is the only real barometer on which to judge this deal.

The fee in comparison to what we paid for him doesn't matter that much because it's already been wrote off in the balance sheet anyway.

If he was any good in the middle the last three managers would've played him there.

He just doesn't have the courage ..... Dean Windass was twice the player he's so far proved to be.

I just cant believe we are selling our best striker, most valuable asset to Crystal f***ing Palace. Crystal f***ing Palace.

Id love to know what type of plan this is, what type of future were planning for.

Stick around and you'll find out :neutral:

How many of those games were played out on the left wing?

That's not a justification for selling him.

Yes he does.

'Wow he tries hard' - dont be a f***ing imbecile. It's more than can be said for a vast portion of our squad.

Because he's 22, scored more goals than our other strikers these past two seasons, improved every year, applied determination to his considerable potential.

He is going to be a very good player. Now he's going to a London club he'll have a couple of England caps by the end of the season.
What's Wickhams talent then? What's he actually good at? Scoring a few more goals than the other hopeless fuckers isn't proof he's going to be a very good player.

Christ, this is such awful business.

£15m and you can see why the club may have been tempted.

£9m? and not all of it even up front? f***ing hell. He is our best striker. And what sticks in your throat more is the fact that he's young and English, yet worse players who fit the same criteria are being bandied about at £15m-£20m. It's f***ing bizarre.

Even worse is those rumoured to replace him; Toivonen? f***ing hell, anyone who thinks he is even an average player needs to stop watching football, he's wank and it'll be a guttering day if he signs. Sow? Yeah, he's scored goals, but his wages and fee will probably exceed Wickhams, and he's 29 ffs. I honestly don't understand why the club cannot see buying young is the obvious thing to do.

And why have we let him go ahead of Graham and Fletcher? Of course, they may well be unsellable because they're atrocious, but that doesn't mean thats an excuse to sell one of your better players. I honestly can't think of another club in this league who would do something like that.

One of our better players?

On what basis can he possibly be one of our better players?

I'm a little disappointed but Im far more disappointed it wasn't Graham or Fletcher tbh.

It just goes to show how shit we are of late that we bemoan the sale of a player (at a profit! Non the less) who we've had for 4 years who's only scored 11 goals at a rate of 1 in 7.

He's our best striker so it was frustrating to see him spend the season out on the left. Having said that if we have money available we can buy better than Wickham. His touch is inconsistent at best, his decision making is atrocious and he wastes a lot of decent openings by shooting from stupid angles and distances. He does still have potential and he'll probably do alright at Palace but I think we can buy better.

Touch inconsistent
His second touch is a tackle

Still think there's a decent player in him. Needed to be developed with a bit of thought and care though and, frankly, you've made a complete horse's arse of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back