Wickham to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand these complaints about him being played out of position and not given a chance. There is no conspiracy here.....the managers have seen him in matches and in training and dont think he makes a solid enough claim for that position. If they thought there were a lot of goals in him as a centre forward then he would have been played there.

In my opinion there are come major flaws to his game reading , positioning and on the ball presence. He contributes so little in games, misses simple passes and is bullied off the ball way too easilly. Good coaching can make up for some things but not the whole list. Maybe there is a position where he will shine and flourish but we havent found it. It doesnt help that we attack with so little speed that the forward players have to create space through good movement and anticipation. Not his strengths. Perhaps the more dynamic attacking threat of palace will open more space for him and he will score. I doubt that he will maintain it if he does.

I will not mourn his moving on and remain hopeful we can find a decent replacement as we still lack pace up front

If we can sign two first team additions in MVila and Fer then it's brilliant business. Wonder if we added a sell-on clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back